Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Endometriosis

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 14 Replies
If you have it what do you do for pain management. I was already told I'm too young for a hysterectomy. I want my life back. I've been fighting it for a year and a half managing it with birth control and norcos.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I smoked pot & took any rx pain killer I could get my hands on. If we got pain killers for anything, they got hoarded for my periods. It sucked . I finally had hysterectomy in jube 2012 after 14 yrs of horrible cramps. Not gonna lie, best decision I ever made. I feel like I can have a life again. How old are you you ? I was 37yrs when I had the surgery.
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I'm 31. Can't smoke pot I'm a teacher. My dr wishes he could prescribe it but the insurance doesn't recognize it. He even told me he wouldn't judge and he is an ass.

Quoting Cheribomb:

I smoked pot & took any rx pain killer I could get my hands on. If we got pain killers for anything, they got hoarded for my periods. It sucked . I finally had hysterectomy in jube 2012 after 14 yrs of horrible cramps. Not gonna lie, best decision I ever made. I feel like I can have a life again. How old are you you ? I was 37yrs when I had the surgery.

HRT0987
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:20 AM
I had stage 4 endometriosis for three years and had a total hysterectomy at age 23. How advance are you, if I may ask?
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Seek a second opinion? One of my best friends has endo and for almost a week a month she is in so much pain she has issues functioning.

t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM
They refuse to open me up. Ao they wont tell me what stage.I have the film ir coating not fibroids. It's on my colon and one dr thinks possibly on my gallbladder.

Quoting HRT0987:

I had stage 4 endometriosis for three years and had a total hysterectomy at age 23. How advance are you, if I may ask?

t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I've seen 4 drs. But they all belong to the same HMO and company. It's protocol as my dr likes to tell me. I see him Monday. I may go ape shit.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Seek a second opinion? One of my best friends has endo and for almost a week a month she is in so much pain she has issues functioning.

jella31
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM
The laporoscopys help me for a few months and then after that just lots of pain killers :/ my livers shot now as well. Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I've had it for over 30 years.  I keep hoping for menopause.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I took continuous birth control so I didn't have periods. When my son was born I nursed him for a long time and didn't get periods for 19 mos. The endo was starved and isn't an issue now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I have endo, ovarian cysts, adhesions and im 27. I'm having a full hysterectomy next month. I am living.on pain meds, heating pad, Motrin and tears
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)