Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FB, WHEN will it stop? Geeezz!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi Ladies,

I've been going through a bit of a jealousy stint the past few weeks. Here's why...

Every time I log into Facebook here is what I read:

• "OMG! I got into graduate school. I can't wait!
  •  _____ and ______ are engaged!
  • OMG, ________ proposed and we are planning a summer wedding!
  • I am officially enrolled in medical school!

and it goes on and on and on! How much does it go on you ask? In the past week TWO people I know got engaged! In the last 5 months EIGHT friends total got engaged.

As for all of my friends from university.. out of everyone in my major that I graduated with (12 ppl) all but 1 of them is headed off to medical school, veterinary school, dental school, or grad school.

I am INSANELY jealous! Yes, I am happy for them but at the same time WHEN will the madness stop? I am ready to get engaged too! I've been with SO for almsot 7 years and we are finally done with school and can start planning an engagement/wedding. Also, I applied to graduate school and I haven't heard anything yet. I have a bad feeling that I wont get accepted into my grad program.

That's my vent. I'm trying to be happy for my friends.. BUT my god I can't stand logging into FB and seeing TONS of people I know announce these awesome things that are going on in their lives.

Sigh.

Okay, I'm done being bitter and jealous.

What do you read when YOU log into FB?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Pathetic people that are stuck in high school in and oit of dead end relationships. People still talking about "who wants to hit this blunt" and then i have some who are havimg babies or getting married.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this
my friends just share stupid memes all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I was like that before I got engaged too. Once I got so mad I had to set the phone down because the girl was an ahole and totally didn't deserve it.
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM

try the university of phoenix. i have been attending their grad school program online since october and i LOVE it. 2 of my friends are students there too, in different programs, and they're very happy too. the staff is amazing.

my news feed is funny and full of photos of kids. some success, but mostly chit chat.

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Just remember that facebook is the glittery veneer of people's lives. I get feeling like that too sometimes- everyone else is having amazing vacations and family time and are just living the perfect dream life, but then when you dig deeper, they have problems too.

My3beautys
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Everyone complaining about there shity life's that they created
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Yup

Quoting Anonymous:

Pathetic people that are stuck in high school in and oit of dead end relationships. People still talking about "who wants to hit this blunt" and then i have some who are havimg babies or getting married.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I'm just SO READY to be engaged and married, kwim? We've been together for so long and we love each other are happy (ect) but it's time we finally tied the knot. I am TIRED of people referring to him as my husband and having to correct these ppl and say "we aren't married"...ect

I'm shown him the ring I want. Told him my ring size and basically told him he just needs to give me a proposal with some thought put into it. Not too much to ask right? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I was like that before I got engaged too. Once I got so mad I had to set the phone down because the girl was an ahole and totally didn't deserve it.

ballerina18
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I'm hoping to become a speech therapist. I only applied to 1 grad school that has an online cohort where 3 years of the program are online, but summers include campus clinicals. Due to where we currently live I could only apply to this one university. It only has 9 slots they give to masters students and I have to compete with international students as well. I don't think university of phoenix has a speech pathology program, but I will check.

I've been reviewing my application and my GRE scores weren't so hot. I should find out if I get in anytime between now and May. Waiting for news is no fun. It especially doesn't help when everyone I know is getting accepted to their programs. =/

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

try the university of phoenix. i have been attending their grad school program online since october and i LOVE it. 2 of my friends are students there too, in different programs, and they're very happy too. the staff is amazing.

my news feed is funny and full of photos of kids. some success, but mostly chit chat.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Haha that's mostly on my news feed as well.

The other most common thing is mom's posting about their kids or sharing pictures of them. :) I love that part!

Quoting spooky415:

my friends just share stupid memes all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)