Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will you let your DD wear them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 176 Replies
2 moms liked this

Victoria Secrets has created a line for tweens and teens. Justin Bieber was part of the bonaza. So the question is......will you let your dd wear Victoria's?

I would never let my dd wear teen lingerie. Sure it's cute, it's fun. But I honestly feel in our society that this is just totally wrong. If anything this just justifies the sex trade in the countries where girls are being sold off. They make lingerie for them, they are women now. We need to keep our girls and girls and stop trying to make them into women. They aren't, despite what they and the modeling world seem to think. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM
15 moms liked this

My kid isn't going in to that store until she has her own job and paycheck to buy it with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Would I let my DD wear brightly coloured hipsters?
Yeah, why not? Who cares the manufacturer of cotton panties?

Alyia72
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Umm over my dead body...I don't even want to show this to hubby he might have a stroke just thinking about it lol we have 4 girls and I can say they won't be wearing anything like that until their 30...lol yeah I'm dreaming
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HipLikeJunk
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I let my daughter pick out her own undergarments. She's five. I don't see that changing when she is in her teens. 

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM
11 moms liked this
I dont see anything more risque than what I'd find in Walmart or Target. Its just the idea that it comes from VS that freaks people out. Its just underwear. As a mom I'm far more concerned about Bieber's diaper pants than a bra.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, yes. Let's dress our young girls in cute, lingerie. Let's sexualize minors more, please. *smdh*

hotmama83227
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM

uuuuhhhhh no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

We will let our daughter wear from VS simply beause of quality. I am larger chested, my sisters, and mom are all larger chested. THE ONLY store that carried my size for a while*in store*  was Fredricks of hollywood! so yeah, my daughter will wear good quality bras and underwear that are age appropriate.  Plus the Pink line has been around for SEVERAL years now.. long before beiber came around

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, depending what kind of clothes/underwear it was. The Tinker Toy outfit seems kind of weird to me though.. the child aspects on such a "sexy" girl borders on maybe inappropriate to me.

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Anything but the underwear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)