Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Acts of Kindness

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

Tonight me, DH, the twins and DD went out for dinner at Chiles. Yes, a big group especially since they are all under 3 (not DH lol..) So we ordered our food, and halfway through the meal I was feeding DD her bottle, giving her some applesauce because shes not old enough to eat regular food yet. At the end of our meal I asked for the bill and a waitress came over and told us that our bill had been paid for by another couple on the other side of the resturant. I was so surpised I was speechless! Its not very often you see people doing things like this and it really touched my heart that someone would do this for a stranger. 

After we packed up and were gettting ready to leave, we went over and thanked them and they told us they saw how hard it was for us to go out and just have an enjoyable meal and she wanted us to know that someone cared about us. So sweet! 

Have you ever done something like this, or had someone be kind to you? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

How nice! We have done that before, or left the cashier some money at a place we were at, for the next persons purchase. Stuff like that has been going around a lot here for awhile, in honor of a little boy who lost his battle to cancer last year. People leave little notes saying "paying in forward Jayden Lamb style".....(the little boy)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't have a story quite like this. But DH and I went to dinner at Olive Garden one night, and had the same waitress we had the previous time. Shes a peach; very friendly and excels in her work. When we ordered our meal, I asked her to pick a number between 1 & 10. She picked six. Imagine the look on her face when she looks at our receipt and sees a $60 tip. Does that count?
Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I don't remember when was the last time I did something nice like that for anyone.
That was so sweet of her.
momma-t42
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Wow, that is very special to hear someone do that.  Blessing to you and your family :)

ACsLady
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

My hubby lost his job back in August and we also have three little ones under three (plus I'm pregnant again). Needless to say, it's not so easy to go out to dinner anymore. Not too long ago we decided to scrape together some money to take the girls out to Olive Garden as a special treat even though we really didn't have it to spend on something like that. The girls were great and we had a really nice dinner together despite the 101 trips to the bathroom between the girls and myself. :P At one point, a couple that had been sitting nearby stopped at our table on their way out to tell us what a beautiful family we have. I had noticed them while they were eating and thought it was really nice of them to stop and say that. A couple minutes later, our waitress came by and told us that the couple had paid for our meals. It took all I had not to burst into tears...it was such a HUGE blessing to us and couldn't have come at a better time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)