Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dfs cousin was murdered today

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
2 others in his family were shot also. They are in the hospital, they don't think the little boy that was shot in the head is going to make it.

Df grew up with his cousin in coney island new York. They Hung out every day and were best friends. Df is real upset. We live in Texas. I asked him if he wanted to fly out to new York and he said no. He won't talk to me. He's barely said 2 words all night. The last time I seen him like this is when his grandmother passed.

Is there anything I should be doing? I don't know what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:41 AM

The article says the gunman knew the people he shot. Was the shooter a neighbor or how did he know them? That guy that did it looks baked.

Ollie123
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I would just give him some space right now. Check out plane ticket prices he will probally want to go after his initial shock wears off. So sorry hang in there and just be a rock for your df.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:44 AM
The guy in the picture is his cousin. Idk why they used that pic. He has lots of pics on his fb and he is a good looking guy. Be also has kids. Idk how many. And I don't know much as to who it was. I only met his family in new York twice over the last 10 years. The info I've gotten has come from dfs mom who lives here in Texas. Her info is coming from family in new York.

Quoting Anonymous:

The article says the gunman knew the people he shot. Was the shooter a neighbor or how did he know them? That guy that did it looks baked.

D.O.E.
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:45 AM

the article doesnt mention a child being shot?

_ClearFruit_
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I'm sorry for his loss. I think I know who your talking about. Somebody on my fb newsfeed posted a friend who past today they too live in Coney island. :-/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM

i would go ahead and make plans on going. I would think he would want to at least go to the funeral.

just be there for him, hes probably in shock right now

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM
omg. Is that what happened in Brooklyn today? Im over in NJ and saw that on the news. Right in the middle of broad daylight too. Im so sorry for his loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Yea that could get confusing going through so many people. So the guy in the picture is your df cousin not the shooter?

Quoting Anonymous:

The guy in the picture is his cousin. Idk why they used that pic. He has lots of pics on his fb and he is a good looking guy. Be also has kids. Idk how many. And I don't know much as to who it was. I only met his family in new York twice over the last 10 years. The info I've gotten has come from dfs mom who lives here in Texas. Her info is coming from family in new York.

Quoting Anonymous:

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:49 AM
From what I saw on the news earlier, 4 people were shot. One had died at the scene, one was thought that they wouldn't make it, and two were in stable condition. :-(

Quoting D.O.E.:

the article doesnt mention a child being shot?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartnhidin
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Give him space and just be there when he needs you. My best friends family was murdered last year, and when she wants to talk I just listen and don't say a word. Losing someone by homicide is horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)