Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have been awake for 24 hours!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I go to school full time, work full time, have 2 kids and I am a single mom. I just finished working on a school report that I started at 5:30 last night and finished at 5:40 this morning. Now I am debating on if I should try to even get some sleep and have to drag myself out of bed when my sons get up in a few hours or just sit here and tough it out. I have 2 more papers to do this weekend but my brain needs a break for a little while before I even attempt to start another paper. Should I just tough it out or go to sleep and have my sons wake me up as soon as I finally get into a deep sleep??
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:47 AM
At least get a couple hours of sleep
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:50 AM
I am starting to think I am going to have to. I thought I could relax in the recliner and watch TV but apparently I have 500 TV channels that only show infomercials at this time of the morning and there is nothing good saved on the DVR.

Quoting Anonymous:

At least get a couple hours of sleep

Robsessed98
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM
You may not sleep, but you need to at least lay down and rest your eyes. I have been up since 8am yesterday and won't have time to sleep until bedtime. This is the second one since Wed. I'm a bad insomniacs. A couple of years ago I didn't sleep a wink until day 7! It's hard sometimes, but after all these years I'm used to it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I'm still awake. I was going to go lay in my bed and my youngest son got up out of his bed sometime during the middle of the night and laid sideways across my bed. I laid in the recliner for a little while and then I kept hearing him stir so I am sure he will be up before to long. I have insomnia too. The night before I laid in bed until 3:00 just waiting for sleep, and I had even taken my ambien that night. I have found in the past that if I don't fall asleep by a certain time or at least lay down by a certain time I should just stay up and start the next day because sleep will be hopeless. I just checked the weather report for the day and it says thunderstorms so I guess we will be stuck inside all day. That can either be a good thing or a bad thing, I can rest if I get to tired, or it can mean I will have 2 wild boys running around my house making me crazy. I know I will have to rest my eyes at some point so I can finish up my school work later today.

Quoting Robsessed98:

You may not sleep, but you need to at least lay down and rest your eyes. I have been up since 8am yesterday and won't have time to sleep until bedtime. This is the second one since Wed. I'm a bad insomniacs. A couple of years ago I didn't sleep a wink until day 7! It's hard sometimes, but after all these years I'm used to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured