Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WOULD YOU BE UPSET IF...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

YOUR 30TH BIRTHDAY WAS COMING UP AND YOUR MOM- WHO YOU ARE CLOSE TOO AND YOUR ONLY RELATIVE WHO LIVES CLOSE BY BOOKS AN OVERSEAS TRIP SO SHE WONT BE THERE WHEN ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY??OR WOULD YOU NOT CARE LESS AND JUST BE HAPPY WITH YOUR PARTNER AND KIDS FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY??

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:53 AM
4 moms liked this

I would be happy either way, birthdays are no big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:54 AM
I would get over it. I often don't get together with my family on the exact day of my birthday. We do it when everyone has time. My dad went to Disney world on my birthday once. He forgot to even call me, even though his birthday is the day before mine, and I called him on his. We just laughed it of. It's not a big deal
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:57 AM
It wouldn't bother me the only people I want to spend time with on my birthday is my kids and my husband.
tracy0812
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I would be thankful she wasn't going to be here to cause problems. My mother hasn't called for my birthday in years. When she did call, she had the wrong day. So, I'm happier with my hubby and my son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:59 AM
No, I was more upset when my mom moved out of state when my DS was only 8 months old, but it was for health reasons. He only got to see her twice after that. She died when he was 9 :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:06 AM

That is sad, my daughters worst fear is that something happened to her Nanna they are so close!frown mini 

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I was more upset when my mom moved out of state when my DS was only 8 months old, but it was for health reasons. He only got to see her twice after that. She died when he was 9 :-(

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I would not be upset.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Just trying to work out if I should care or not! Im so glad she is having a holiday just the timing is a bit off. People make a big deal out of 30th birthdays makes me feel like I should be doing something big- I don't normally worry about birthdays in general!!!

ryansmommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM
As long as I had my husband and my boys I could careless
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:10 AM
No. My mom would still call me and we would s set up a time to celebrate when she got back. No biggie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)