Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If my husband gave me his password

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
To his Facebook and I go on it to look at things is that still an invasion of privacy?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM

That would depend. Did he give you the password as a one time thing to help with uploading a picture or something like that? Did he give it to you to use whenever? If he gave it to you to do one particular thing and now you are logging in whenever to check what he is up to then it might be considered a privacy issue. I would say it isn't so much a privacy issue as a trust issue. If my DH asks me to login to an account to check something he trusts me to do that and only that. Just like if I ask him to check an email for me or my phone I trust him to do that and not go hog wild checking things.

It really depends. I'm not saying he should be hiding stuff or anything like that and if he gave you the password he probably has nothing to hide at all, but that doesn't mean certain moral/ethical/privacy aspects just go out the window either. 

edelweiss23
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:26 AM
My husband and I know each others passwords.
I trust him, he trusts me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I don't get the secrecy in marriage. My husband and I don't even log out. Whoever has the computer next can see whatever they want. Same with phones, we even switch if one of our batteries is dead and we need to run somewhere. To each their own I guess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM

We've had trust issues in the past. He gave it to me so that I would feel better about trusting him. Wow, that sounds fucking lame :( 

Well, I looked on his page.. looked at the people he was searching for, and found that he searched for a girl that used to cause some of the trust issues we had... or still have.. obviously. 

I'm just sick and hurt right now. 
See, this is the danger of doing something like this. You might not like what you find. I guess if I didn't do this I would never have known.. and now that bothers me, too. What else don't I know about this man? 

Quoting Anonymous:

That would depend. Did he give you the password as a one time thing to help with uploading a picture or something like that? Did he give it to you to use whenever? If he gave it to you to do one particular thing and now you are logging in whenever to check what he is up to then it might be considered a privacy issue. I would say it isn't so much a privacy issue as a trust issue. If my DH asks me to login to an account to check something he trusts me to do that and only that. Just like if I ask him to check an email for me or my phone I trust him to do that and not go hog wild checking things.

It really depends. I'm not saying he should be hiding stuff or anything like that and if he gave you the password he probably has nothing to hide at all, but that doesn't mean certain moral/ethical/privacy aspects just go out the window either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I want to confront him, but I don't.. at the same time 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:33 AM

bump

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Same here, my husband doesn't have a FB or cell phone but I'm always logged in and he just takes my cell with him when he leaves.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't get the secrecy in marriage. My husband and I don't even log out. Whoever has the computer next can see whatever they want. Same with phones, we even switch if one of our batteries is dead and we need to run somewhere. To each their own I guess.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM

DH doesn't have my password, but I am always logged in, too. So he can go on my laptop and see whatever he likes. 

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

Same here, my husband doesn't have a FB or cell phone but I'm always logged in and he just takes my cell with him when he leaves.

Quoting Anonymous:

lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I wouldn't think so. But he probably didn't know you can see.who he searched for...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Right, i'm sure he doesn't know about that. So.. its kinda being shady, I know. And I didn't like what I found either so.....

Quoting lovnmy3boys:

I wouldn't think so. But he probably didn't know you can see.who he searched for...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)