Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why is there so many crappy bf's/husbands now a days?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
I dated my fare share of losers in my years (I'm almost 30). Back in the day men rarely ever acted like they do now. Men stood up to the plate if they got a woman pregnant, even as teens they would do the "right" thing and get married. They didn't just go cheat bc they were unhappy (of course some did, but nothing compared to now). They financially supported their families .. So what happened? I finally lucked out and found a stand up guy, but they are an almost non existant breed. I will never let my sons be the way many men are now.. Or, I can atleast raise them to Tue best of my ability so they are good men.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I think technology is outing them all now.
Atleast the cheating ones.

ETA:I also think the families a good portion of them came from, were divorced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yikesitsmindy
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM
4 moms liked this
I think they come from shitty mothers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamabear55
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I don't think they are all losers nowadays. You just hear more about the shitty guys

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Sex has become too easy.
Acid
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM
4 moms liked this

Because they've been raised to think they don't have any responsibility beyond getting their rocks off.  They've  been raised by people on welfare who think that it's the government's job to pay for their homes, their groceries, their bills and their clothes. Or, in some circumstances, by teen parents who weren't properly parented themselves.

It amazes me that not only do these women stay with men like that, but that they think that every single man is like that.  It really offends me that people think there are no good men left in the world.

The man bashing on this site is insane.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Getting married because you knocked up your GF is not the "right thing".  Getting married because of a pregnancy or kids, or even staying married because of the kids is the worse reason to do so.

As for the rest, I do agree to an extent.  I don't think getting married is the right thing when faced with an unexpected pregnancy, but at least stand up and try to maintain the relationship or, if anything, be a consistent part of the child's life. 

NotAMuggle
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM

it's mainly due to their enviroment

JLo1486
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Back in the day?? Lol! I'm almost 26 and our generation has been the worst. Divorce was a big thing in our parents generation. Growing up 90% of my friends parents were divorced. No joke. That or they were never married and their fathers were deadbeats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Sex was always easy with the right girls, but they married them if the got pregnant..

Quoting Anonymous:

Sex has become too easy.
ddhb2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
There are a lot of great men out there. The problem is women accept crappy guys. Why step up your game to be a good guy if women put up with you being lazy, entitled, childish, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)