Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go to the baby shower?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you go?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (Explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 76

View Results

My brother ex-girlfriend/girlfriend depending on the week is having a baby shower today and she is a mega slut!!  First she said the baby's dad was a guy named Jake.  She and Jake lived together for about 3 months at which point she messaged my brother and told him she had been lying the entire time and the baby was his.  So my brother tried to do the responsible thing and man up.  They lived together for a until about a week ago until her crazy became intolerable and he moved back out.  The whole time they were living together she was talking shit about my brother on facebook and talking to other guys.  Well now he has been moved out about a week and I see her yesterday on a dinner date with Jake.  Like I guess it's just whoever wants to be baby daddy gets to that week.  I don't think she has any clue who the father is but it's probably between Jake and my brother. He plans on getting a paternity test when the baby is born but today is the shower.  My mom does not know her family (she was a foster baby) and my mom and brother are the only people I have in my family.  (And my husband but he's gone) so I'm just wondering would you go to the baby shower if you were in our shoes?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I would, but I am a sucker like that lol

I would rather be there and be included (especially for pics) and then find out later that the baby wasnt my nephew, than skip it and then find out it was my nephew. I wouldnt get her anything huge for a gift though yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Please bump me when you vote!

banana-bear
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM
No I would not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM
If I didn't go, it would because I'm not giving a gift to some woman if my brother wasn't actually the father.
atm1979
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather be there and be included (especially for pics) and then find out later that the baby wasnt my nephew, than skip it and then find out it was my nephew. I wouldnt get her anything huge for a gift though yet.

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM

That's another thing. I'm going to look like a bitch when I don't buy a gift.  I have bought the baby many things, which all have a reciept and are at the top of my closet.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I didn't go, it would because I'm not giving a gift to some woman if my brother wasn't actually the father.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM
OOBI DI WAKA SHALA WOO FOO TEE BO DAR QUA..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured