Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

did you scream and yell in labor?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just watched a video and I'm curious. I never did with either of my kids, I was super calm, God only knows how or why...

I also heard a woman screaming the night I gave birth to my first daughter.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (221-230):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM

i tore the hospital

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I growled at my dh a lot because he kept trying to make casual conversation with me and I'm not one to talk through labor
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM

No, I didn't with either. I just thought it was wasted energy to scream. While I was delivering my first I could hear two women down the hall from me screaming, and my nurse told me I could if I wanted to, I was like uhhh why haha.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I'm pretty sure that was the gist of what I said with a few colorful words thrown in for effect.

This was after I asked my daddy "what the f*** are you smiling at? You think this is f***ing funny??" Not my proudest moment. I had some appologising to do but he understood and laughed about it, not in front of me of course. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol what I would of said im in labor what do you expect

Quoting Anonymous:

I was in hard labor in triage waiting for a bed and a nurse came in to ask me to try to be quieter because I was scaring the other patients in the waiting room lol Yeah I'd say I was a screamer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Haha oh thats funny...but is painful im sure every1 understood. But tha nurse really had it comin

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pretty sure that was the gist of what I said with a few colorful words thrown in for effect.

This was after I asked my daddy "what the f*** are you smiling at? You think this is f***ing funny??" Not my proudest moment. I had some appologising to do but he understood and laughed about it, not in front of me of course. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol what I would of said im in labor what do you expect

Quoting Anonymous:

I was in hard labor in triage waiting for a bed and a nurse came in to ask me to try to be quieter because I was scaring the other patients in the waiting room lol Yeah I'd say I was a screamer.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Nope.
DevonD83
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM
With my first I was loud but I held off on the epidural until my mother said I didn't have a choice lol. The others no I laughed my way through labor
Cdaly12491
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I barely made any noise at all. I heard someone screaming the same night I had mine too. 

Dreamly
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I screamed and yelled during my section because I was not numb and nothing they did stopped the pain. Then I screamed in recovery when the bitch was massaging my uterus. Worst and best day of my life in one.

mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM
The only scream I let out is that last push, it was a quick scream just in relief that the excruciating pain was over. That was the worst part of the whole thing! Pushing those shoulders out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)