Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

did you scream and yell in labor?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just watched a video and I'm curious. I never did with either of my kids, I was super calm, God only knows how or why...

I also heard a woman screaming the night I gave birth to my first daughter.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (251-260):
Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I heard three other women scream while I was having my first. Then it was my turn. We all sounded the same. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I was in great pain. I went all natural in the hospital. I couldn't yell or scream. Just breathe and grunt a little. At one point I said the f word. Then apologized and made a nurse laugh at me. :/ lol
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM

WIth DD, no, I was super quiet. With DS, yes. I screamed my head off. My labor with him was way worse. 

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
First child yes.

Second child (twin a) no

Third child (twin b) yes when they were trying to turn her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I did not, my friends talked about how the nurses were rude to them and they screamed and b*thced their entire labor. I was quiet and very nice to the nurses and appoligized when I got even a little bit snippy. They were all super nice to me an dmy family. Even bringing us little extras.
oliver92
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM

no but a few months later watching the video, the noises coming out of me were horrific, I have never allowed anyone to see it again, sounded like an animal,  i couldnt believe it, it was the end and the pushing after being there for 20+ hrs, but holy gosh, I dont remember any of that.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Please read my other replies! You'll be entertained lol she was um I guess expecting to be treated like Beyonce. She wasn't much better out of labor :-(

Quoting ilana_ny:

:-) every woman is defferent, maybe it hurt her more. I didn't scream, but only because I was so freaking tired with my first. I was in labor for 2 days.

With my second, I scream at the nurses, because nurses didn't belive me she was comming out.

Quoting OneToughMami:

I was quiet. I heard a woman yelling down the hall and made the comment to the nurse "You know she's just being dramatic"

Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM

they pushed on my belly as well and they didnt make me push 

Quoting Anonymous:

I meant just push on your belly after birth. My doc tugged the cord really lightly to get it out, i never pushed the placentas out.

Quoting Anonymous:

No they don't. I've delivered four babies and every time I've pushed the placenta out by myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

they have to push though. I remember that part. It hurt.

Quoting Crymsm:

I only screamed when the doc was trying to rip out the placenta and push on my stomech at the same time. Screamed so loud I made my newborn son stop crying...he was a shitty doc.

Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Nope.
I just crack stupid jokes that probably noone finds funny
abuckalew
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
No. Making noise made it hurt even more for me. Am I the only one?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN