Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

did you scream and yell in labor?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just watched a video and I'm curious. I never did with either of my kids, I was super calm, God only knows how or why...

I also heard a woman screaming the night I gave birth to my first daughter.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (51-60):
shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I cursed through clenched teeth... lol...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM

with  dd i just wanted to sleep! seriously her head was out and i was trying to close my eyes telling everyone to leave me alone!!!! 

with ds i yelled...... a lot........

wissotamum
Charming.

Quoting D.O.E.:

only  until i get the epidural, then im nice.

i always threaten the anesthesiologist "this better not hurt! dont hit my spine! fuck you nurse YOU stay still!!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM

My doctor told me I could be in videos for birthing. I guess I was that good, I was quiet because I hate to express pain. But I did drop the F Bomb a couple times.

My Sister though, that was a different story, her bf called me and put the phone down, swear to god it sounded like she was being tortured. I was surprised, because my 2 births are the only ones I've ever seen/heard, so hearing her scream was crazy. I guess everybody has different pain tolerances, and i guess mine is pretty damn high. lol

nicolemead91
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Btw I had an epi about 2 hours before I had my DS.. But honest to god all did was numb my right leg. I still felt every single thing. They said my son would be about 6 pounds..boyy were they wrong. My son weighed 9lbs 22inchds..!! I had to be induced 3 days before his due date cuz of his heart rate dropping. He is turning 3 tomorrow! :)
butterflyk1ssez

With DS1 I was expecting the epidural to work so yes, I did! I had the feeling of a natural vaginal birth because the medication wasn't working. I was crazed. I didn't know how to cope. 

This one I DO KNOW HOW, and I will be having a homebirth.

Pregnancy Ticker

MomTo2Boys12
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Nope. Not at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
No. I may have been a bit too quiet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I was in hard labor in triage waiting for a bed and a nurse came in to ask me to try to be quieter because I was scaring the other patients in the waiting room lol Yeah I'd say I was a screamer.

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM

No. I growled when I pushed though. lol I would venture to say that most women who had epi's didn't scream (at least once the epi was in place).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN