Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

did you scream and yell in labor?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just watched a video and I'm curious. I never did with either of my kids, I was super calm, God only knows how or why...

I also heard a woman screaming the night I gave birth to my first daughter.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (61-70):
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

with first I was struggling to breathe due to pitocin and back labor. felt like I was running a marathon. dh said that was hard to watch. a few hours later I stopped progressing and baby was in distress so I had c section. I've had 2 more c sections after that. I wasn't loud enough with my breathing or noise that you could hear me outside the room.

Shabbydoll78
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Nope. 

When I had my first child, and was admitted into the hospital, the first thing I heard when settling into the delivery room , was this woman, apparently laboring quite hard in an adjacent room, screaming like she was on fire...scared the shit out of me. 

graciepaige
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Nope. My nurse gave me the compliment of "you are handling labor better than most if the older moms that come in here". I was 16, and was in labor for over 36 hours by that point, completely unmedicated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I was more of a groaner and moaner.  I was screaming a bit during the pushing phase of one of mine and the nurse actually recommended to me, really nicely, that if I stopped yelling and moaned instead that I'd have more energy and focus to push and she was exactly right. 

Mama_Dolly
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I said "I CANT DO THIS!!!" and a lot of arrgggs and the drs telling me to stop making noises,,, and teling me to shut up...

VannaMae307

No. I was cool as a cucumber. I was also high as a kite because my blood pressure had to be brought down from stroke levels, so when I did talk, it was total nonsense. I remember telling the nurse her ring was very pretty though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I'd have kicked the doctor. I always think it's funny when people say they can't do it, little late for that LOL

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

I said "I CANT DO THIS!!!" and a lot of arrgggs and the drs telling me to stop making noises,,, and teling me to shut up...

MrsBridges19

Nope, had an emergency c-section.  No pain.

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I said ow ow ow omg it hurts... But I didn't scream. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I cussed out the bitch midwife
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN