Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

military families are poor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 550 Replies
2 moms liked this
That's news to me. Why do military wives like to perpetuate the myth that the military is poor?

Edit:

A couple of points that need to be made

You make more than just base pay

You do NOT pay for health insurance unless you are not active duty.

The lower ranks were never meant to support a family on. It is not necesary to have children at lower ranks.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM
10 moms liked this
Because we don't get paid the what we should! We are able to get PA because our income is so low. Why don't you go and look up what we make? You would be surprised. It's public record.
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
4 moms liked this
Actually a lot of them do qualify for PA and fall below poverty level which is crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I never felt poor when my husband was in the military.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thibmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
This! I was a military wife for 7 years. We're divorced now...not military related issues. The military and their families are poor. They definitely deserve more than they get.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we don't get paid the what we should! We are able to get PA because our income is so low. Why don't you go and look up what we make? You would be surprised. It's public record.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM
11 moms liked this

Because they are terrible at budgeting and not spending outside their means. My ex was military while we were married and we lived absolutely fine. We had everything we needed and a little more. We did not spend friviously and lived within our means without any outside help and I was a SAHM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
lets just put it this someone with an E6 rank in the army.Who has only one child.Lives on post can get wic.I have seen it many of times.It is normally the way higher ups with the money.It takes a good 7years to make a good income in the miltary
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM

because $1800 a month with 2 kids isn't that much. At least where we live. I wouldn't say we are poor, but we definitely struggle from time to time

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this
My brothers friend was a Marine. He's in school, gets the Gi bill, and works FT. He's far from poor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My friends family is military. They get housing allowance that is more than their rent and are making money she claims.They all kind of perks on auto ins,etc.They are doing very well.2 almost brand new vehicles pd off in only a few yrs.They will be moving next summer and she already told me they get a few thousand to mov but they are doing it themself so they can pocket the $$.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Oobie,shhala vee foo tah fap boo goola ding
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured