Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so pissed right now.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
so I am at work and the air is crazy dry.so I ended up.with a bloody nose. I however cant go take care of it because my coworker is no where to be found. I am left to ring up customers with blood pouring down my face because I cant go get even a napkin to stem the flow. finally I see him, sitting on the floor of the office texting. I go in the office and tell him to get out there. then later our boss comes down from the big store because a customer complained. I tell him what happened and who.gets in trouble? not my coworker oh no. me. I hey in trouble for not.properly dealing with bodily fluids.... so.pissed. I had a line of cars down the drive and around the building. I couldn't.just walk away!

I work in a car wash.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Um, I'm a cashier and if I had blood pouring down my face I would lock my register and take 2 minutes to grab some tissue.

There is no excuse..not like it would have taken you an hour to grab a tissue. The cars still would have been there when you got back..having a bitchy impatient customer is better than ringing them/serving them with blood pouring down your face.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Dude... wtf?  I'm surprised ONLY 1 customer would complain.   Sick!   I wouldnt even allow you to ring me up.  I'd wait for someone else.  Just gross!

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Right? If someone was serving me all bloody I'd be like dude. Go to the bathroom and clean yourself up. I'll wait here or wait for someone else lol.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Dude... wtf?  I'm surprised ONLY 1 customer would complain.   Sick!   I wouldnt even allow you to ring me up.  I'd wait for someone else.  Just gross!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I would have walked out (if I were a customer), seeing blood pour down your face and I'd call the health dept.
Oostera
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I'm sorry that your co-worker was being dumb but, unfortunately, your boss is right. If you have something like blood pouring freely, you are well within your rights to leave the register and take care of it. Now you know, for next time:)

FTR, I think your co-worker should have gotten into some trouble too for sitting and texting while on duty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM
thats not the way this company sees it. you stay at your post if you are dying

Quoting Oostera:

I'm sorry that your co-worker was being dumb but, unfortunately, your boss is right. If you have something like blood pouring freely, you are well within your rights to leave the register and take care of it. Now you know, for next time:)

FTR, I think your co-worker should have gotten into some trouble too for sitting and texting while on duty.

Oostera
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I would suggest asking your supervisor, or whomever it was that you got in trouble with, to give you a written reprimand. Have them explain, in the letter, why you are getting a warning and what you should do next time. When next time comes and you leave your post, if they yell at you, whip out the letter and be like, "Eat it!" Lol. Sorry, it's the only suggestion I have:/

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Oostera:

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Obviously your company does not see it as *stay at your post if you are dying* if your BOSS told you you should have grabbed a tissue.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM
in the past six months I.have seen people get fired for

having a seizure

going into labor (water breaking)

and leaving the register to go vomit.

they like to post why people have gotten fired in the breakroom. so totally illegal I.know but they do It anyway.

eta: and he didnt tell me to grab a tissue. he told me to "wipe it on.some thing" which to him means my.coat sleeve.

Quoting carterscutie85:Obviously your company does not see it as *stay at your post if you are dying* if your BOSS told you you should have grabbed a tissue.Quoting Anonymous:thats not the way this company sees it. you stay at your post if you are dying
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)