Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am terrified

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
To have teenagers. I wish I could stop time. My son is 8... Almost time for cell phones etc. Facebook wasnt around for me publicly air what a dumb ass teenager I was.. I can't imagine the shit I would have posted.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM

hes only 8, he still have lots oif time before cell phones 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Teenage years can be like a black tunnel, but they come out the other side human.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Lol he's behind already! Almost every kid in his class has a phone. I'm not ready for that yet though... I thought maybe 10? It will be restricted though. He will be 9 in April

Quoting Anonymous:

hes only 8, he still have lots oif time before cell phones 

SageAdvice
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM

My children were of the myspace / facebook age but they weren't allowed to have them till they were 17 so it wasn't a big problem.

We simply set the pc's to block sites we didn't want them on.

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM
8 and almost ready for a cell phone??? Why? I don't see the need for a child to have a cell phone until they are driving or old enough to be left unsupervised somewhere (I.e. mall, movie theater) and 8 is no where near close enough. Try to enjoy each age with your child. Cherish the memories you are building with him and don't stress over what may or may not be in the future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM
It's not easy!! Each kid is different though.. Keep them to busy to party is my advice lol if they dont go crazy in the teens the will just do it when they are older .. Most of them anyways.. Just my opinion
Oostera
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM

He's 8? It's truly your decision on the cell phones but we've got a rule. There is no need to have a cell phone unless 1) you have a job to pay for it, and 2) you are driving.

I'm a little scared to have teenagers too but I feel like I'll be better able to handle a meaningful discussion with them. Remembering myself as a teen, I would have loved if I had a sensible mother to talk to. My kids are only almost four and almost two, lol. There is no meaningful discussion right now!

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Teenagers aren't bad. If you've raised them right, they'll act right. I have a 16-yr old. She's awesome! She is in AP classes, plays guitar and stays out of trouble.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM
He will be 9 in April. But most kids in his class already have a phone.

Quoting LauraMH:

8 and almost ready for a cell phone??? Why? I don't see the need for a child to have a cell phone until they are driving or old enough to be left unsupervised somewhere (I.e. mall, movie theater) and 8 is no where near close enough. Try to enjoy each age with your child. Cherish the memories you are building with him and don't stress over what may or may not be in the future.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes almost 9. But the cell phone would be restricted like where he could just call certain people. Basically it's like a tracking device too.

Quoting Oostera:

He's 8? It's truly your decision on the cell phones but we've got a rule. There is no need to have a cell phone unless 1) you have a job to pay for it, and 2) you are driving.

I'm a little scared to have teenagers too but I feel like I'll be better able to handle a meaningful discussion with them. Remembering myself as a teen, I would have loved if I had a sensible mother to talk to. My kids are only almost four and almost two, lol. There is no meaningful discussion right now!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)