Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Multiple fathers = bad parenting?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 853 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you pass judgement on how good a parent they are?

Options:

Yes

No

Other, explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1203

View Results

I face a lot of judgment on my ability to parent just because I have more than one "baby daddy" as we seem to call them these days. I've also seen other women take a lot of judgment.

Do you prejudge women just because they have multiple "baby daddies"?

If so, why?

Does having multiple "baby daddies" really make a woman a bad parent?

Andrew: 4th October 1988; John: 23rd April 1990; Liia: 17th October 1991; Kirstee: 20th July 1992; Liam: 25th October 2005; Lily-May: 14th December 2008; George: 7th October 2009; Marley-Rose: 7th October 2009; Aiden: 14th February 2011; Keeleigh-Grace: 2nd September 2012

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM
13 moms liked this
In my eyes, it can go either way. I've known great mothers who have multiple 'baby daddies' and I have met some that are just awful. And the same goes for mothers who have only one baby daddy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM
57 moms liked this

Also depends on how many baby daddies.  Two isn't so bad, but more than that it just looks slutty.  Plus, shouldn't they be ex-husbands and not baby daddies?

RobJar
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM
15 moms liked this
I tend to get a lot if judgement bc I have two kids with two different fathers. And I'm married to someone else. However, it's all in the details. My oldest son, me and his father were young, were never really together. We get along great, we spend holidays together and him and my husband are good friends. I consider him part of our family. My youngest son, me and his father were married for 4 years, it didn't work out. (Could have something to do with the little sister my son got while we were married).

Now I'm happily married to my best friend. And we don't plan on having kids together. He doesn't have any and considers my sons, his sons.
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM
46 moms liked this

When you have three or more baby daddies you are picking the wrong men or making poor choices. It is called birthcontrol or abstinence.

CafeMom Tickers
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM
10 moms liked this

To me it doesn't matter how many fathers there are they can be good mothers or even bad mothers. Hell I know bad mothers and their kids all have the same father. I have 2 kids with 2 different dads, and I am a damn good mother :)

nyxiemist
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM
5 moms liked this

Depends on the situation.

superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM
44 moms liked this

Excuse me I have 3 kids by 3 different dads.  I am not a slut, a whore etc.  Things just happened in my life sure as heck not the way I wanted to do things but its the way things happened none the less..I am so sick of people judging me when they dont know the whole story....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I think it depends in how close together the kids are.

My mom had kids with 3 different men. Got pregnant young with her oldest. Meet my father and had me 2 years later. Then my sister 5 years after me. Then, she and my father divorced after a long marriage and she had a baby with her new husband 15 years after my sister.
Cdaly12491
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
4 moms liked this

It just depends on the woman and the reason as to why there are multiple fathers. 

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
15 moms liked this
I'm biased. All the women I know and yes I literally mean all, that have multiple fathers for their children is because the guys they reproduced with were pieces of shit to begin with. But ohhh they thought they could change them. Nope sweetie didn't happen now did it. Now I know that's not the case for everyone. I know some men do crazy 180's and turn into dirt bags and the other way around. But for the women I personally know in my life that was not the case. Not only that but they pick a poor "sperm donor" not once or twice but three or four times. I mean c'mon!

So yes I judge them because IMHO they already showed poor decision making abilities AND now we are entrusting them with another human being.

But again I'm hella biased and should probably just be ignored.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)