Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Multiple fathers = bad parenting?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you pass judgement on how good a parent they are?

Options:

Yes

No

Other, explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1203

View Results

I face a lot of judgment on my ability to parent just because I have more than one "baby daddy" as we seem to call them these days. I've also seen other women take a lot of judgment.

Do you prejudge women just because they have multiple "baby daddies"?

If so, why?

Does having multiple "baby daddies" really make a woman a bad parent?

Andrew: 4th October 1988; John: 23rd April 1990; Liia: 17th October 1991; Kirstee: 20th July 1992; Liam: 25th October 2005; Lily-May: 14th December 2008; George: 7th October 2009; Marley-Rose: 7th October 2009; Aiden: 14th February 2011; Keeleigh-Grace: 2nd September 2012

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't judge parenting skills on the amount of "baby daddies" one has..

I wonder the story, because obviously no one sets out to have multiple baby daddies.. but that's it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I have 4 kids and 3 baby daddies. I have been judged for this, but that's ok, I am a good mom and my kids are great. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I can understand 2 "baby daddies" Anything more though and I tend to judge. Idk that I judge parenting abilities, more just life choices.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Nope. People and feelings change. You may think you have an amazing Father for your child and Partner, when suddenly a side of him that you've never seen comes out and you start to disagree over things. Relationships just don't end up working out sometimes. It's your life, you can do whatever you want with it, I would have no right to judge you.

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM
9 moms liked this
I can't take anyone who calls someone "baby daddy" seriously.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think multiple 'baby daddies' means bad parenting. Perhaps  more poor choice/s in parenting partner/relationship partner.

One of my dearest friends has 4 children with 3 different men. And now that her youngest is 16 and she is in a stable marriage she can look back at the past and truly see her partner decisions. She was looking for a father figure who would take care of her. And because she was a very smart independent sort who didn't like taking orders, they were never good matches. But she has always done the right thing for her boys and is a great mother.

shamillionaire
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Absolutely not! Those who do solely based on more than one father are idiots!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
4 moms liked this

Or you could have made bad decisions....

Quoting superwoman8977:

Excuse me I have 3 kids by 3 different dads.  I am not a slut, a whore etc.  Things just happened in my life sure as heck not the way I wanted to do things but its the way things happened none the less..I am so sick of people judging me when they dont know the whole story....

Elayna90
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it just depends on the situation. How many baby daddies there are doesn't make a difference. I mean, if you have 20 kids with different daddies you might want to rethink your lifestyle. But in reality, shit happens. I'm sure most people don't aspire to have kids with different dads but then life gets in the way. It doesn't make someone a bad parent.
shamillionaire
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Hate that term!

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I can't take anyone who calls someone "baby daddy" seriously.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)