Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Multiple fathers = bad parenting?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you pass judgement on how good a parent they are?

Options:

Yes

No

Other, explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1203

View Results

I face a lot of judgment on my ability to parent just because I have more than one "baby daddy" as we seem to call them these days. I've also seen other women take a lot of judgment.

Do you prejudge women just because they have multiple "baby daddies"?

If so, why?

Does having multiple "baby daddies" really make a woman a bad parent?

Andrew: 4th October 1988; John: 23rd April 1990; Liia: 17th October 1991; Kirstee: 20th July 1992; Liam: 25th October 2005; Lily-May: 14th December 2008; George: 7th October 2009; Marley-Rose: 7th October 2009; Aiden: 14th February 2011; Keeleigh-Grace: 2nd September 2012

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
babyspots17
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it makes you a bad parent. I do question your choices in men and birth control.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Multiple fathers = multiple bad decisions. Doesn't mean you're a bad parent though.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I put no but I might think a mom is a bad parent if they were all from short relationships or one night stands.
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Holy crap. Jesus has a CM account!

Quoting Anonymous:

Also depends on how many baby daddies.  Two isn't so bad, but more than that it just looks slutty.  Plus, shouldn't they be ex-husbands and not baby daddies?

JessMomOf9
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I hate it too. I have fathers for my children. But so many women today don't know what you mean unless you say "baby daddy".

Quoting shamillionaire:

Hate that term!

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I can't take anyone who calls someone "baby daddy" seriously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on how many father and how many kids. More than 2 fathers and I admit it's trashy. If you a clown car of kids with multiple fathers,yes,expect to be looked at and judged.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I have three children three men. It is what it is, not the way I planned it but shit happens. First one I was 17 and he was trying to get me pregnant and we weren't using a condom. I didn't think I would get pregnant oops lol. My second I was just having fun, the condom broke and we didn't think anything of it....9 months late came my beautiful little girl. My third my husband and I planned for :) we plan on having another one someday but not now!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM
4 moms liked this
I dont judge your parenting skills. I judge your decision making skills. But i was raised to believe that you dont get pregnant unless you're married, and you dont get married unless you're prepared to be married until death, for better or worse
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM
What is your story?

Quoting superwoman8977:

Excuse me I have 3 kids by 3 different dads.  I am not a slut, a whore etc.  Things just happened in my life sure as heck not the way I wanted to do things but its the way things happened none the less..I am so sick of people judging me when they dont know the whole story....

JessMomOf9
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM
3 moms liked this
You don't HAVE to be married to have children

Quoting Anonymous:

Also depends on how many baby daddies.  Two isn't so bad, but more than that it just looks slutty.  Plus, shouldn't they be ex-husbands and not baby daddies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)