Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Against BFing ..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What are women's reasons for being against breastfeeding? I stand in the "to each their own" crowd for pretty much everything, including this topic, and was wondering about the reasoning behind each side.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Replies (361-370):
audreesmama
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Until they are old enough to understand what those foods contain and do to their bodies, no, they don't have them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not trying to pick a fight, but does that mean your kids never have/will get that fast food junk, anything fried, candy bars, ice cream, hot dogs (super fattening), canned soups (loaded with sodium)....etc? Because I wouldn't call that the best. I'm not saying its you, but too many people think breastfeeding is so amazing/healthy (which I agree it is) but then feed their kids junk when they are older. It's not right to bash non-breastfeeders if you feed your older kids any of that junk. That's just hypocritical. AGAIN, I don't mean this directly toward you, because I don't know what you feed your kids (and its not my business). Just when I read your post, it got me thinking about that.

Quoting audreesmama:

Wow...can you reply without cursing?

OP asked our opinions, and that is mine. Donor milk is screened, so there is no reason not to use it. Do you have any idea what is in formula? Like...insect parts? No thank you. My children deserve the best, and man-made insect-ridden stuff in a can is not it.

When you let your past experiences control your present actions, it also controls you. It stands in your way.

I'm glad she pumped :-). Babies deserve the best!

Quoting Anonymous:

im far from angry and defensive love. 

just trying to understand how feeding your child is immature and selfish, i guess next time we should just set them down and let them starve?(since i would NEVER use donor milk)

by the way she fucking pumped.

FYI:dont give a shit, it doesnt stand in her way, its one of her things. Her skin also crawls when her father hugs her wanna take a dig at that one while you up on your mighty steed? 

Quoting audreesmama:

So angry and defensive.

Did she use formula or donor milk? Did she pump? If she chose formula, the selfishness and immaturity would still stand.

Fyi--I was abused also, and chose not to let it stand in my way.

Quoting Anonymous:

no actually 

you responded to 

What are women's reasons for being against breastfeeding? I stand in the "to each their own" crowd for pretty much everything, including this topic, and was wondering about the reasoning behind each side

with

(insert your craptastic reply)

when you say "they" you are referring to a whole group of people who are "against breastfeeding", my cousin would be one of those women "against breastfeeding".  Next time type "those who are tired of being tied down" or something to that effect. 

Quoting audreesmama:

Did I say that?? I'm talking about those who were tired of being tied down. Pretty simple, if you reread.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

They feel like their bodies have been tied down for 9 months and that's long enough.

In other words, selfishness and immaturity.

i had a cousin who didnt breastfeed because she was brutally molested and raped as a child and she doesnt like the idea of her breast being touched by anyone. 

so selfish and immature of her i know, to feel that way

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kevinzwifey
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Sorry when I 1st saw this post title my 1st thought was Was "Against ButtFucking" I was all like wth are these people saying in here..lol..Sorry... Carry on..  

redheadmama25
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I breastfeed and i think all women should at least try because there are many many benefits to nursing a child and to your self.  But there are many different ways to parent and as long as your kids are healthy and well taken care of it shouldn't be anyone's business. On the other hand I think some women may be against it because of the taboo about breasts or breastfeeding in public. They believe  breasts are sexual and should only be sexual and to do anything else with them is perverse. ( which is just stupid hands and mouths can be very sexual but they other purposes too, and hello breasts are for feeding babies, men made them sexual because it is a sign of fertility and men are designed to protect and pass on their genes.) I know there is miss information too, some think it hurts, or your breast will sag others just think its gross or they can't do it because they work, or it won't fill up the baby. But for whatever reason we are all moms and we should encourage and support each other, not belittle or fight one another, and put ourselves in who is the better mom contests.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Quoting Mazou80:

You judge other peoples choises!!!!!And ofcourse you can not impose it is simply impossible. I think if you could you would. Truth is i get mad at people who do not simply state preferances(which would be great) but strongly critisize. As a mother who ff i find it offensive being considered selfish and immature cause i gave formula!

Quoting audreesmama:

I never called anyone else judgmental. How am I being selfish? I am not forcing my ideas on others, just stating them. Why are you so angry and defensive?

Quoting Mazou80:

Well don't! But the only selfish judgemental person here is you. Do you really want these elements in your personality? Just be careful..for people easily critisizing others it always comes back someday somehow...

Quoting audreesmama:

Was this not a post regarding opinions? That is my opinion. Like it or not, it won't change my opinion.

Quoting Mazou80:

Selfish and immature because she chose formula?????????Sorry that is stupid!!!!!Each woman has right to choose the way to feed her children. It should be RESPECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!After all healthy children grow up and that is the point!If you BF well done! But please do not critisize other peoples choices!!!

Quoting audreesmama:

So angry and defensive.

Did she use formula or donor milk? Did she pump? If she chose formula, the selfishness and immaturity would still stand.

Fyi--I was abused also, and chose not to let it stand in my way.

Quoting Anonymous:

no actually 

you responded to 

What are women's reasons for being against breastfeeding? I stand in the "to each their own" crowd for pretty much everything, including this topic, and was wondering about the reasoning behind each side

with

(insert your craptastic reply)

when you say "they" you are referring to a whole group of people who are "against breastfeeding", my cousin would be one of those women "against breastfeeding".  Next time type "those who are tired of being tied down" or something to that effect. 

Quoting audreesmama:

Did I say that?? I'm talking about those who were tired of being tied down. Pretty simple, if you reread.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

They feel like their bodies have been tied down for 9 months and that's long enough.

In other words, selfishness and immaturity.

i had a cousin who didnt breastfeed because she was brutally molested and raped as a child and she doesnt like the idea of her breast being touched by anyone. 

so selfish and immature of her i know, to feel that way

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Oversexualization of breasts is probably the  #1 reason. #2 is it is "too" natural, #3 is the myths about it making your boobs sag.

biancalina20
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I agree with to each their own..
But I did BF for 2 1/2 years ;)

It just worked for us
xxshelbyxxx
by Scarlet begonias on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm starting to really like you Audreesmom :) because your comments in these featured posts are making me smile. First the comment about women being disgusting that bite their kids. And now this comment pointing out that women who are against breastfeeding are selfish and immature. I found my identical thought twin

Quoting audreesmama:

Wow. You need anger management.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am against breastfeeding nazi's.  I don't care if anyone does or doesn't breastfeed because it's not my business what someone else does.  But I am against the idiots that plague Cafemom belittling others and acting like martyrs because they do. 

I mean really?  Who gives a shit?  It's a way to feed a baby.  These people are not special.  Their kids are not special.  And frankly, I've noticed that most of these women seem to be of a fairly low IQ with little else in their lives.  I think they have ridiculous existances and wish they had a little more going on upstairs to think about other than obsessing about their lives, blubbering on a couch, tit-feeding.  It's SO MINDLESS.

BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I'm completely pro-breastfeeding, pro nursing in public anywhere and everywhere.  I see no reason for it tobe any other way, and I'm glad in most places the law has evolved enough to agree with me.  The main purpose for the breast is to feed children.  It absolutely boggles my mind that there are women against breastfeeding.  The reasons they get give are all completely ridiculous our outright stupid.  People need to educate themselves and get over their hang ups.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I wonder how many people let their babies starve in ancient times bc they were against breastfeeding ? Oh yeah that probably didn't happen much bc it was the natural thing to do. There weren't all the excuses that women come up with today since there is formula on hand .
kimbotspot
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM

i have a preggo/mommy night at my house every other week. a girl came last week and started talking about how groos and unnatural breatfeeding was. it took every ounce of self control for me not to tell this girl how big of an idiot she was. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured