Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Against BFing ..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What are women's reasons for being against breastfeeding? I stand in the "to each their own" crowd for pretty much everything, including this topic, and was wondering about the reasoning behind each side.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Replies (521-523):
dorothycapalit
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Breast milk can be inferior and laced with stress hormones if the mother feels bullied into it.

I nursed 4 children, but do not try to coerce others into doing it.

xxshelbyxxx
by Scarlet begonias on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Not at all! Trust me I wouldn't waste my time telling people on cafemom I like them if I really didnt. I just noticed your S/N on two of the best comments I've read on here in awhile

Quoting audreesmama:

I hope you aren't being sarcastic lol.

Thanks!

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

I'm starting to really like you Audreesmom :) because your comments in these featured posts are making me smile. First the comment about women being disgusting that bite their kids. And now this comment pointing out that women who are against breastfeeding are selfish and immature. I found my identical thought twin

Quoting audreesmama:

Wow. You need anger management.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am against breastfeeding nazi's.  I don't care if anyone does or doesn't breastfeed because it's not my business what someone else does.  But I am against the idiots that plague Cafemom belittling others and acting like martyrs because they do. 

I mean really?  Who gives a shit?  It's a way to feed a baby.  These people are not special.  Their kids are not special.  And frankly, I've noticed that most of these women seem to be of a fairly low IQ with little else in their lives.  I think they have ridiculous existances and wish they had a little more going on upstairs to think about other than obsessing about their lives, blubbering on a couch, tit-feeding.  It's SO MINDLESS.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
howdah
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM

If a woman has never been around BF she might not find the idea natural. My late cousin said she thought BF moms were just a bunch of cows. I BF my first for 6 months when she lost interest as I had returned to work, and she was getting bottles during the day. I stopped BF the second because she was not gaining weight fast enough and was always hungry. My ex hated to see me BF and was very vocal about it, so I think the stress affected my milk. There were not the resources then that there are today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN