Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gut feeling I'll have a stillborn help. Trigger pic pg 52 UPDATE!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Pics on page 52 & 54

Throughout my pregnancy things haven't felt right at all, at first I worried about mc then incompetent cervix and then me dying during birth, but I worked all through these fears until I reached the word stillbirth, then something rang in my body like no other I had this awful knot in my stomach and still do, even buying baby items I'm very uneasy like I'm forcing myself to buy them but she won't be wearing them.

I never felt this way with my son, I was so happy with him and excited, with this one I feel no connection and kind of angry when she moves because I feel it's all going to be taken away from me I just don't know when, it's like my brain is preparing me, I guess I started grieving before it's even happening, when people talk about her the knot in my stomach happens, it's so very weird. I pray to god it's just anxiety but a part of me just knows I won't bring my baby home.

I was searching the internet to find others who have felt this way and felt so strongly about their feelings and even after everything it all turned out ok, but I never found anyone who felt this way and everything turned out fine, everyone I read has confirmed my fears.

I want my baby girl so badly! I had a mc before my son and had this feeling that's why it's scaring me.

I pray to god my fears and premonitions don't come true, but it's not looking positive.

Please tell me if you've gone through this and how did things turn out? I've already told my df to get prepared, and to cancle my baby shower.

It doesn't feel like normal anxiety..... It feels like a strong intuition.

**UPDATE**I DELIVERED MY 9 Lb 2 oz BABY GIRL SOPHIA MARGARET (JUNE 4th at 12:25 A.M.)I CAN'T BELIEVE I THOUGHT THE WAY I DID I REGRET BEING SO WORRIED! THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING!! IM THE HAPPIEST WOMAN EVER!!! SHE IS A JOY AND I LOVE HER SO MUCH!
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
SunshineBird
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Try looking up "intrusive thoughts" during pregnancy. I don't know if it is exactly what you are experiencing but it might be worth a read. 

The only miscarriage I've ever had I felt no connection. It felt "off". However, I was only 7 weeks when I miscarried. Maybe your body is trying to tell you something? Is she in distress? Is her cord around her neck? I would definitely talk to your doctor. He may agree to a sono just to relieve your anxiety.

NewInChrist
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Idk, momma. I'll be praying for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I completely get what you're saying. I had two second trimester losses before the birth of my youngest and I was a complete basket case the whole pregnancy. If she wasn't kicking I'd drink juice to make her move. I held my breath every time they brought out the Doppler. It was awful. But, she came out just fine after an easy labor and she's a healthy and strong little girl.

Do talk to your dr. They can help reassure you a great deal.
4_little_angels
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Yes, all the time. There was even a time that I thought he might be having seizures in the belly because his movement was ridiculous. I even made a post about it lol. A lot of movement is better than none is what I kept telling myself.

Quoting Chasesmum3109:

Did yours feel like your gut was trying to tell you something?

Quoting 4_little_angels:

I think those fears are normal for pregnant women. I had them too. My son is 4 months old now. Try to think positive mama, best wishes!
KristyKat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Quoting HelloSweetie:

It sounds like a major phobia has formed. I truly TRULY don't think your feelings are an accurate representation of what will happen at your baby's birth. Speak with your dr about ALL of your fears.

*hugs*

Razor_Leaf
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I went through something like that with when I was pregnant with my son,  I always had this gut-wrenching feeling that something was wrong...

Drs actually confirmed my susspicion saying that my son would have cerebal palsey. (Thats what some blood test they took showed)

I went home, prayed a lot....cried a lot...

And in the end I had a 8lb 1ox. baby boy.  He is happy and healthy...and going to be 10 years old in August.

TwinkleStars918
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:43 PM
I had no fears of anything being wrong with my first pregnancy, it was going perfectly until I delivered and lost my daughter at 21 weeks. My pregnancy with my son I felt like you. Terrified. Something had to be wrong. My son was born at 33 weeks but he is perfectly healthy. Just try and calm your fears. I know it's hard. Hang in there, mama.
Michaelsmom0522
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I felt like this to an extent. I almost felt bad buying clothes because I was so afraid he would not wear them. But he's perfectly fine. Hugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad he's healthy but I thought there is no blood test for cerebral palsey. Your doctor mislead you. My little one has CP and was diagnosed through a brain ultrasound

Quoting Razor_Leaf:

I went through something like that with when I was pregnant with my son,  I always had this gut-wrenching feeling that something was wrong...

Drs actually confirmed my susspicion saying that my son would have cerebal palsey. (Thats what some blood test they took showed)

I went home, prayed a lot....cried a lot...

And in the end I had a 8lb 1ox. baby boy.  He is happy and healthy...and going to be 10 years old in August.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Yes.

I did.

It was so bad for me I faked labor and delivered at 31 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)