Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'll have TEN kids if I want! My uterus is none of YOUR business!

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 204 Replies
6 moms liked this

That is what I wanna tell people sometimes! I swear! I am 25 and pregnant with my 5th child and so many people make RUDE comments about it. I'm so sick of it!

1. All of my kids have the same father and we are married. We have a 7 year old boy, 5 year old boy and 2 year old boy/girl twins. And I'm pregnant with a boy.

2. He works and I am a SAHM. I am 25, he is 31.

3. Only WE take care of our kids. I very rarely ask anyone for help and if I do, it's my mom. She RARELY babysits for us. And I'm not complaining... just saying. It's not like I pass my kids off on anyone else.

4. We don't EVER ask anyone to help us financially either. We don't need it.

So.... why does everyone think it is THEIR business how many kids we have?! I am always annoyed over this but today has me especially pissed off. I have had TWO people in one day make rude ass remarks.

First... my mom was here and I told her that at my last ultrasound the baby was still breech and I was worried I might have to have a c-section if he doesn't turn. She says "Well, good. If you have a c-section they can just tie your tubes while they're in there! Or why don't YOU just get snipped (looking at DH)?" He said to her, "Maybe we want to have more kids." And my mom is like "Why would you want more than 5?!" So then instead of being rude and telling her it was none of her damn business, we just kind of changed the subject. My mom is always telling me what a wonderful mother I am... but she doesn't think we should have anymore kids. She just has the opinion that NO ONE should have a lot of kids. She says "With the way the world is these days, why would you want to bring anymore kids into it?" Well, I guess I don't think negative like her.

THEN... I went to Walmart and ran into an old friend. It seems like the only time I ever see her is when we run into each other at Walmart. lol. So anyway... she walked up to me and said hi and we started talking... and she JOKINGLY says "You're not pregnant, are ya? Every time I see you, you're pregnant again." So I just kind of laughed, stepped out from behind my cart and pointed at my belly and said "Yep. 7 months." She looked shocked and says "Oh my god, girl! Are you serious?!" I said yeah. She asked how many kids I have and I said 4. She says "So this is #5? Girl, you need your tubes tied or something!"

Wtf. Just w.. t... f?! Do people not realize how rude they sound when they say this stuff?!

Okay... vent over.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
5 moms liked this
I'll have 10 abortions if I want! My uterus is none of your business!

Sorry. That's the first thing I thought when I read your title.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Just curious what the heck hubs does so you can afford it?
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
As I tell some of my family "back up off my uterus"
Lol.

I am almost 27 with 2 kids and 2 step kids. DH is 41. We plan 2 more at least.

We don't ask for help from anyone, we raise out own kids. DH is healthy and a 19 year old dad could drop dead and leave his kids, so his age doesn't matter with that! Not anyone's business how many we have or how old DH is when we have them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CV3
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM

People like to judge. They are stupid. I am jealous, Ive always wanted lots of kids.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM
13 moms liked this
I would kill myself if I had 5 kids by 25
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RoseBlossom
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

the only thing i can think of is that there is a lot of strain on the world to produce food and water and its just going to get worse as more and more ppl have kids. so the more kids one has, other ppl look down on them for that? thats the only thing i have. but then again, i came from 6 kid family and have 4 kids of my own

Mom2five87
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Um... okay. Why? lol

Quoting s.osborne:

I would kill myself if I had 5 kids by 25

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

xredstarsx
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I agree with you. Sadly df is in the same mind set as your mom. I always wanted five but he thinks 3 is the most people should have. If you can afford them then you go mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I think thats great. You started young and will be a young hot Grandma!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I have an acquaintance who is pregnant with her 6th. That's fine.

however, she had 2 before she got married, which is ok too. 

However, she already had 1 in high school that got taken away. Then after she married she had 3 more. Her dh then left her for a girl he met at work.

she had to get on PA because she couldn't afford to take care of her kids. Then 2 weeks later, got a bf and is now pregnant with #6.

that is the kind of woman who I want to give condoms so they don't have anymore babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured