Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I would like to know what is going to happen to all these kids that aren't vaccinated when it comes time for them to go to school ?. EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

Are we going to have an entire generation of Home Schooled Kids? Then who  is going to support them when their mom's don't work so they can stay home and teach their childen?

For all of you who think I'm totally stupid, I'm not. I was uninformed. When my kids were in school the rule was no vaccinations, no school. Apparently things have changed in the 20 something years since I had kids in elementary school. I had no reason to seriously look for the answer since this post was intended as just a curiousity post, knowing this group has a lot of moms who don't Vax. I had no idea people felt this strongly about this subject. I just did what I was told and all 3 of my kids are fine.

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM

You can sign an exemption. They don't HAVE to be homeschooled.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I'll take "none of your fucking business" for $100, Alex.

and if they are relgious, they can take a pass from particpating in this alleged public health measure. 

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM

A lot of colleges require vaccinations and they don't have to have exemptions because they are a private school

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I had to have my doctor fill something out and send it to the state. Then I got a letter back in the mail excusing him from having to be vaccinated to give to the school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM
4 moms liked this
Nothing says good parenting like lying and using religion to get what you want. Sad.

Quoting BamaMommy2:

They can still go to school. You can go to the Health Department and get an exemption form for religious reasons.

KaitlynEileen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I know me either! I gave them a copy but not all of them were filled, so i had to get the rest before I could start! I know people have their reasons for no vaccinations, but down the road, they could run into issues like this

Quoting Anonymous:

Thinks more of my question. My job I couldn't be hired without them. There was no exception

Quoting KaitlynEileen:

What about when they grow up and get jobs?.when I was first hired I needed a tb test done, and a record of vaccinations

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Yep. Im seriously considering not doing mmr. We have yhe rest but I would claim whatever

Quoting Anonymous:

They'll just pretend that it's against their religion.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM

We move around alot and I know that every school I have ever signed my kids into they have to be up to date on their shots. My kinder needed on more to start kinder and they wouldnt let her go until she got it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Unfortunately, they're allowed in school without them.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids go to school, I know a few that are not vaccinated and go to school with my kids. I don't see why they can't we vaccinate to prevent the dieses, if the non-vax child gets one it isn't gonna matter if they are in school or not except to pass it on to other non-vax children but that's a risk they take into consideration when not vaxing. I don't think they should try and prevent children from attending schools cause even with an exemption it's almost forcing parents to vax kids. It wont effect schooling but will effect jobs, I had to get shots when I went to work at Ihop, and my brother had to have all his plus some to go to the military.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)