Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diabetics please help

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 17 Replies
i went to the dr. a few days ago. the nurse called with my results. she really does not talk much as she is real busy but i really like the dr. any way she said something about protein, electrolytees and sending me to an endocrinologist as well as a foot dr. my feet split sooooo bad till they bleed and it hurts to walk on them. she also put me on a pill to " protect my kidneys". i am confused and scared. has anyone been through this before. what can i expect. i am kind of scared. i drink alot but only pee once a day. i swell really bad until i take a fluid pill then i can pee and the swelling starts to go down. please help me understand what is going on. please!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bradley102
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:31 PM
bump
bradley102
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM
bump????
bradley102
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:36 PM
bump
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:36 PM

are you diabetic?  It looks like their is protein in your urine and they need to determine why.   High blood sugars cause that OR kidney problems

bradley102
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM
bump.....anyone????
bradley102
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM
yes i am diabetic.i am on metformin. have been for about a month and a half.
bradley102
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM
bump
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM

when I first got diagnosed with diabetes, I had protein in the urine.  They told me it happens when your blood sugars are high a lot.  It could also indicate a kidney problem.  They are probably going to test your kidney function.  I have had that done as well. An endocronoligist deals with diabetes.  You need to direct all of your questions to him.  I have only dealt with my primary doctor about my diabetes. good luck

bradley102
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:52 PM
bump
Pnukey
by Jenn on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:54 PM

We're just learning about diabetes too, as DH was diagnosed last month. One of my coworkers, who is diabetic and had a diabetic husband, said to watch your feet! When they get cracked like that, infection sets in, and it'll get you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured