Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so they asked you to watch their 5 yr old while they go out to dinner. update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
They drop her off at 4:30, after they leave you realize they never told you what time they would pick her up, their phones are off at what time would you expect them back,

Update, they got back at 10:30, they decided to go to a friends house after, and figured their daughter was having fun and was safe, they did finally text me at 10, saying they did not realize phone was off. .I told them although I love your daughter and will watch her again. I do feel disrespected and next time. We need to communicate a pick up time
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
KMAsMommy9182
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Between 7 or 8 unless they had other plans.  Later if I knew that they needed to go home and get ready first.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

like 7..maybe 8...i wouldnt care as long as it's before bedtime.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Tomorrow......just kidding. Maybe 8pm or 9pm at the very latest
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM
It's 10:00 here,.just kind of worried and feel a little taken advantage of
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I'm the same.  I even prefer the let the kid(s) stay the night that way we can stay on task.  It sucks making my kids go to bed while letting the visitors stay up and wait for mom & dad.

Quoting MissTuree:

Anyone I babysit for I could careless when they come back and encourage them just to let the kid/s stay the night. That said though 5 hours seems like more than enough if you weren't given a heads up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM
They are new good friends, I am mostly worried more then anything

Quoting Anonymous:

Doesn't seem like they're very good friends of yours.

If a GOOD friend dropped off her child, it wouldn't matter.

Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I'd be calling. Is this a family member? Before 8 is when I would expect them home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Good idea, next time I will.do this

Quoting RiotousDigits:

I'm the same.  I even prefer the let the kid(s) stay the night that way we can stay on task.  It sucks making my kids go to bed while letting the visitors stay up and wait for mom & dad.

Quoting MissTuree:

Anyone I babysit for I could careless when they come back and encourage them just to let the kid/s stay the night. That said though 5 hours seems like more than enough if you weren't given a heads up.

Sagely
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM

No kidding.  How do you know their phones are off?  Did they tell you their phones would be off or did you try calling?

I'd try to call again just incase the first time you tried they were just in an area that didn't get service.  Or send them a text saying you're getting ready for bed and were wondering what time they were planning to be back for their dd.

At midnight, I'd start calling police and local hospitals to make sure they weren't in an accident or something.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's 10:00 here,.just kind of worried and feel a little taken advantage of

Thewife06
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM

If they were good friends, I'd put their child to bed with mine and then they could stay out how ever late their hearts desired.  And I wouldn't charge them a penny.  But then again they always return the favor.  :) 

The not having phones on would NOT fly with me though.  I've never had that problem before and their asses would be thoroughly chewed out when they got back. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)