Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you take this job? I'm being judgmental so I'm not sure

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 77 Replies
I work as a babysitter/nanny and am currently looking for work. On care.com there is a job opportunity for Monday and Wednesday nights from 8:30-11. All you have to do is he there when the baby sleeps. My only issue is the poster is a single dad. I would love to help out but with all the creeps in the world, I'm worried. Getting done so late at night seems risky when it's a stranger, but I feel bad for the guy as he says no one will stay. Would you take the job?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemama0905
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I would if I could.
HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Does he have references?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM
If be extremely leery, I was actually asked about a job similar to that on care.com and all my red flags started going up and just as I was about to report the guy care.com sent me an email basically telling me it was a scam.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this

yes. just bc hes a single dad doesn't mean hes a lunatic. bring your phone. tell a few people where you'll be, and what times and address. tell them if they don't hear from you by a certain time to call the police. but make sure not to forget to contact them...lol

nurse1997
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

DO A BACK GROUND CHECK ON HIM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM
3 moms liked this
You could always meet at a public place to get all the details and meet the child and dad.
PEEK05
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM

This is probably what I would do, even for females.  If I ever got a bad feeling, I would say no.

Quoting Anonymous:

You could always meet at a public place to get all the details and meet the child and dad.

Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I would dads need sitters too :-/
SavdNSanctified
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I wonder why no one will stay??

No, I wouldn't personally take that job. I'm so paranoid of being murdered that I wouldn't take any kind of job on the internet that involved me going to some random stranger's home. Especially at night. Nooo wayyy.

xanayda
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM

ask if you can take a friend with you, i'd do be a bit concerned but would probably still take the job. :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)