Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scary Movies aren't Scary anymore

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 111 Replies

my sister told me about this movie she watched the other day - Sinister.  She said it was sooo disturbing and she had to get her husband to walk out to the living room when it was over and walk with her back to her room - then sleep with the lamp on.  So I watched it with dh - he fell asleep and it wasn't scary. Plus it made me mad bc I hate scary movies that keep houses dark the entire time - even during the day.  Most people keep lights on thru out the day even in the brightest part of the day and they certainly don't go wondering around in their dark house to figure out 'what that noise was', and to me, its cheating - like you must not tell a good story or have a really talented director if you have to keep it dark for it to be 'scary',. if you kwim.  Anyway,. I know I'm rambling,. have you seen any truly scary movies lately?  Whats the scariest movie you've ever seen?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't watch scary movies so I can't say if they have gone downhill or not. But I do wander Around the house in the dark and I don't have lights on during the day unless it is overcast. I don't want to pay any more for electric than I already do!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM
The strangers because that can happen.
Derpy
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I watched plenty of good horror/paranormal movies,But no movie scares me.
Yet,My sister can be scared 5 mins into the movie. 

"Life,which you so nobly serve,comes from destructiopn,disorder and choas" -Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

tharealty2
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

i didn't watch that bc it seemed identical to the cabin - did you see both?

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I am a huge pansy and everything scares me.  It was a book that scared me the most tho.  I am afraid of the dark and I usually do ok as long as DH is with me(at night when sleeping).  When he isn't home I have a night light.  Anyway, I read a book so scary that I slept with the big light in our room on for a week, even with DH there.  He was mad and threatened to take away my books lol.

tharealty2
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting theosgirl45:

I am a huge pansy and everything scares me.  It was a book that scared me the most tho.  I am afraid of the dark and I usually do ok as long as DH is with me(at night when sleeping).  When he isn't home I have a night light.  Anyway, I read a book so scary that I slept with the big light in our room on for a week, even with DH there.  He was mad and threatened to take away my books lol.

books scare me more too - my imagination is worse than any special effects they can create, lol.  what book was it?

Misheldonann
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm such a baby. Scary movies make me chew my nails and I feel anxious. I end up having to stop the movie for a bit and let the anxiousness leave. LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I've seen both, the cabin didn't scare me.

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting Anonymous:

i didn't watch that bc it seemed identical to the cabin - did you see both?

Misheldonann
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I would like to know what book too!

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting theosgirl45:

books scare me more too - my imagination is worse than any special effects they can create, lol.  what book was it?

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It was a Stephen King book(my fav. author) called Geralds Game.  Its not even really that scary it just took me by surprise.  What made the book really scary was that it played on my personal fear of the dark and shadows and stuff.  I don't want to give away any more or I will spoil the book for some else.

Quoting tharealty2:

Quoting theosgirl45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)