Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scary Movies aren't Scary anymore

Posted by   + Show Post

my sister told me about this movie she watched the other day - Sinister.  She said it was sooo disturbing and she had to get her husband to walk out to the living room when it was over and walk with her back to her room - then sleep with the lamp on.  So I watched it with dh - he fell asleep and it wasn't scary. Plus it made me mad bc I hate scary movies that keep houses dark the entire time - even during the day.  Most people keep lights on thru out the day even in the brightest part of the day and they certainly don't go wondering around in their dark house to figure out 'what that noise was', and to me, its cheating - like you must not tell a good story or have a really talented director if you have to keep it dark for it to be 'scary',. if you kwim.  Anyway,. I know I'm rambling,. have you seen any truly scary movies lately?  Whats the scariest movie you've ever seen?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

lol i was looking for a scary movie to watch on netflix while we ate dinner...we were almost done by the time i picked one, bc they all either sounded lame, or ive seen them or parts of them.

we're watching lovely molly right now. its ok. lots of stupid ass moments though. walking through a dark house at night, alone, to find  the sound of crying? fuck you.

i also hate when things are dark. i cant tell wtf is going on. lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like modern scary movies especially things with "evil" things.
I do like old suspense and "scary" movies like Alfred Hitchcock.
This is why I can't watch modern ones, the old ones get to me, lol. Last year my husband was working over nights and I watched dial m for murder in bed at night, it's not scary and it doesn't scare me it's one of my favorites but for some reason they get to me, I couldn't go downstairs after watching it I locked myself in my room lol
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought sinister was scary but noticed that same thing. I was like 'is their power out???'. Lol. A couple of books have scared me. The taking and what the night knows by dean koontz are so scary. Ugh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Razor_Leaf
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Its funny, usally I scare really easy..but hubby and I watched this a couple of weeks ago and he is the one who had nightmares.  It didnt affect me at all, I had guessed the end of the movie the second they said that one member of each family went missing.....stupid

I miss the 80's movies...They were much better.

MamaTrombley
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No and i keep trying. Im with you nothing is truly scary anymore.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Haven't seen a good scary movie in AGES. 

I so agree. The people, even though they are fictional, are sooooooo stupid. 

I'm holding my breath for the up-coming Evil Dead remake. The first one was supposed to be "scary" but it turned out to be campy. I'm curious to see how it looks since Raimi and Campbell are involved with the remake. The previews look interesting. 

Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It was scary to me at first, when it could have been a couple psycho serial killers but as soon as it turned into a demon, blah.  It WAS touching on all my fears.  Scary movies are mainly only scary to me if it's something that could happen in real life!  I guess I prefer creepy movies, lol.

melissam21
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Scary movies have never been scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I love scary movies. For some reason paranormal activity scared me lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, but I am looking forward to seeing the new evil dead movie!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)