Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scary Movies aren't Scary anymore

Posted by   + Show Post

my sister told me about this movie she watched the other day - Sinister.  She said it was sooo disturbing and she had to get her husband to walk out to the living room when it was over and walk with her back to her room - then sleep with the lamp on.  So I watched it with dh - he fell asleep and it wasn't scary. Plus it made me mad bc I hate scary movies that keep houses dark the entire time - even during the day.  Most people keep lights on thru out the day even in the brightest part of the day and they certainly don't go wondering around in their dark house to figure out 'what that noise was', and to me, its cheating - like you must not tell a good story or have a really talented director if you have to keep it dark for it to be 'scary',. if you kwim.  Anyway,. I know I'm rambling,. have you seen any truly scary movies lately?  Whats the scariest movie you've ever seen?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
AlekD
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm usually fine with scary movies. I have a weak stomach though so if its "scary" as in "gory" I cant handle it. Its not that it scares me, it just makes me neaseous. I have a particular fear of aliens and alien abduction. I read almost half of Communion and didn't sleep for weeks and I will never ever watch the movie Fire In The Sky again. F that. Seriously. Also, I hated it when that movie The Fourth Kind was being advertised because even the trailer in tv scared me :( its really kind of a phobia ...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Freela
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I love scary movies, but seldom find one that actually scares me, and I find that what scares one person may be 'meh' for another person. The only movie that ever freaked me out to the point of not being able to sleep was Event Horizon, and I think it's because eye-gouging is the one thing I really cringe about in horror movies and that movie had a lot of it (mainly self-inflicted too.... could NOT take out my contacts that night!)

tharealty2
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Quoting cookiemonster77:

Have any of you,watched the first season of American horror story? Not so scary but pretty creepy. I loved loved loved it! Watched the whole thing on my iPad in 2 days.

i did - i agree the first season was pretty creepy - it got pretty stupid towards the end and I didn't bother with the other seasons.   Feel in love with that boy though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Yea, I knew it was. That's why it's scary to me.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

If that's the one with the three people in masks it did happen. Based on a true story.

Quoting Anonymous:

The strangers because that can happen.

MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Go find a movie called Eyes of Fire..It is an old (probably 70's) movie,but it will freak you out..I promise..Oh and The house where evil dwells and I get really freaked by the grudge..

TugBoatMama
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

To this day its still Poltergeist.

tharealty2
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TugBoatMama:

To this day its still Poltergeist.

yea, poltergiest, the exorcism, and "it" are right up at the top,. lol

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be fine with the grudge if she didn't make that sound...creeps me out

Quoting MommyLove23:

Go find a movie called Eyes of Fire..It is an old (probably 70's) movie,but it will freak you out..I promise..Oh and The house where evil dwells and I get really freaked by the grudge..

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Yes. It totally freaked me out

Quoting theosgirl45:

The taking, was that the one about aliens?  And in the end it was somewhat religious?

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

I thought sinister was scary but noticed that same thing. I was like 'is their power out???'. Lol. A couple of books have scared me. The taking and what the night knows by dean koontz are so scary. Ugh

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Me too! I couldn't sleep until I finished it lol.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

Yes. It totally freaked me out

Quoting theosgirl45:

The taking, was that the one about aliens?  And in the end it was somewhat religious?

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

I thought sinister was scary but noticed that same thing. I was like 'is their power out???'. Lol. A couple of books have scared me. The taking and what the night knows by dean koontz are so scary. Ugh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)