Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scary Movies aren't Scary anymore

Posted by   + Show Post

my sister told me about this movie she watched the other day - Sinister.  She said it was sooo disturbing and she had to get her husband to walk out to the living room when it was over and walk with her back to her room - then sleep with the lamp on.  So I watched it with dh - he fell asleep and it wasn't scary. Plus it made me mad bc I hate scary movies that keep houses dark the entire time - even during the day.  Most people keep lights on thru out the day even in the brightest part of the day and they certainly don't go wondering around in their dark house to figure out 'what that noise was', and to me, its cheating - like you must not tell a good story or have a really talented director if you have to keep it dark for it to be 'scary',. if you kwim.  Anyway,. I know I'm rambling,. have you seen any truly scary movies lately?  Whats the scariest movie you've ever seen?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Replies (51-60):
xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:54 AM
That was a good one.

Quoting momto2crazykids:

the scariest movie i ever saw was Darkness Falls aka as the tooth fairy movie

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:00 AM

lol i've had to sleep with a night light ever since...

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

That was a good one.

Quoting momto2crazykids:

the scariest movie i ever saw was Darkness Falls aka as the tooth fairy movie

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
That's like the true story of the strangers, take the Manson murders, the kiddie cabin murders, and the story of an Austrian couple tormented by feral children. There is a hint of truth in everything.
And jaws was based on 2 shark attacks. If I remember right it was a great white that was attacking people off the shore of South Africa.

Quoting wulfeyes05:Jaws lol story about a great white in real life it was a bull shark(s) still a great movie
Quoting 2metalbabies:Yeah, but its based very loosely on actual events. But then again so were paycho, the aminityville horror, Texas chainsaw, silent house, jaws, the hills have eyes, wolf creek, mothman, funny games, the list goes on and on.
To me, there are no such things as scary movies any more. Personally, I thought sinister was a nicely done movie, with enough implied violence to make your mind go crazy trying to figure out what you missed. To me, that makes things scary, making your mind do the work

Quoting wulfeyes05:If that's the one with the three people in masks it did happen. Based on a true story.
Quoting Anonymous:The strangers because that can happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
What scared me was not a movie. I was on YouTube during Halloween looking into haunted history of San Antonio, TX. Well I came across an old family photo that read "Cursed photo may make you feel motion sickness. It did. I was so freaked out. Made my so disoriented I thought I would pass out.
SP_Mama
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

The last movie to scare me was Pet Semetary and that's because I was rather young when I watched it.  *L*  I've heard many people to watch this or watch that because it's super scary and I'm bored throughout the whole movie.  I heard so many things about Paranormal Activity from several people and how scary it was.  I fought sleep through the whole thing waiting for the scary stuff.  It was more stupid than anything.  Maybe we just don't scare easily...

toni77
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I prefer foreign films. They seem to know how to keep the horror and suspense in films. The Japanese are really good. Their versions of the Grudge and The Eye are way better than the American versions
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Check out MrCreepyPasta on YouTube he writes horror poetry. His voice is super creepy. Find the birthday party its about a brother and sister who takes the party to a sadistic level. Its written by Missshadowlovely. It has as a pyschological quality so its not for everyone.
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM

It was the 1916 Jersey Shore shark attack which was a bull shark and I forgot about the South Africa attacks.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

That's like the true story of the strangers, take the Manson murders, the kiddie cabin murders, and the story of an Austrian couple tormented by feral children. There is a hint of truth in everything.
And jaws was based on 2 shark attacks. If I remember right it was a great white that was attacking people off the shore of South Africa.

Quoting wulfeyes05:Jaws lol story about a great white in real life it was a bull shark(s) still a great movie
Quoting 2metalbabies:Yeah, but its based very loosely on actual events. But then again so were paycho, the aminityville horror, Texas chainsaw, silent house, jaws, the hills have eyes, wolf creek, mothman, funny games, the list goes on and on.
To me, there are no such things as scary movies any more. Personally, I thought sinister was a nicely done movie, with enough implied violence to make your mind go crazy trying to figure out what you missed. To me, that makes things scary, making your mind do the work

Quoting wulfeyes05:If that's the one with the three people in masks it did happen. Based on a true story.
Quoting Anonymous:The strangers because that can happen.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I love scary movies and that movie scared me. It was disturbing. But we all have our own sense of what is scary. I find some really dumb and others love them. There are ones I like and others find dumb. It is just finding what you like.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Read the book....... AUDREY ROSE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)