Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont want to over step...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've been seeing a man for a few months who is a widower. He's amazing. His wife has been gone for about a year now. He is still very close to her family and sees them regularly, which I have no issue with. But they are pretty intrusive at times. They don't know yet that he is dating someone. Last night his MIL was just having a bad day dealing eith her daughters death. He was supposed to come over but his MIL called him and he went to her house first. He ended up staying with her and her husband until like 1am. so we made plans for tonight. Then he texts me around 7 and said his sil (his wifes sister) showed up and wanted to take him to dinner. Now its 11 and he is texting me saying she is still there.

I don't want to intrude on his family. and I know right now we are just dating. But if this gets more serious then I don't want to have to constantly schedule around her family. Would it be selfish to tell him if things get serious that he can't keep putting her family infront of everyone else? I know its a weird situation. and i am trying so hard to be understanding.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Bump
MamaTrombley
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Your choosing to date him. So deal with it. And if they had kids your have no say in the matter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
A year is short time to find adequate consolation for a life. They need each other to work through the grief.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM
is his name anthony?
SissyAnn141
Fixing to GIVE-UP.
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I do not think, he means any harm.

I would kindly let him know, his wifes' Family, needs to move on and he does also.

It does take a little over a year to get over a death, SO, I would not be to hard on him.

EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM
do they have kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MojoRising
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM
It's tough. You have to allow him and his in laws this space. He is a link to her for them. He's as close to her as they can be. A year really isn't a long time in that situation. It has to be him who decides it's too much.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM
They don't even know you exist. Chill out.
tharealty2
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

When he wants to - he will give you the time he is giving them.  Nothing you can or should do until then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
They are all still grieving. A year isn't a long time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)