Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hell Yeah I Told On You!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

There is this girl at work who often times when we have worked together she has sat her butt down in a recliner in the furniture section while I did the work.

She was/is still on the clock while I do this. It is always after we close and she leaves ME to do the closing duties like finishing recovery, taking cardboard to the back, changing trash, duties of being a cashier working retail. My managers are always in the office counting the money, etc so they don't see her doing this.

I didn't say anything before but something just snapped last night. As usual she was sitting her butt in a recliner while I finished BOTH of our work.

I found a cart full of merchandise that needed to be put back laying about randomly (It was HER cart in the first place, my cart was done) I yelled at her from across the store to come over and help me get this done but she didn't. I even told her to her face it was BS that she was sitting down while I worked but she didn't say anything.

No, she has no medical problems that make her need to sit down regularly.

So yep, I finally said something to the manager. Told her it was not the first time she had sat down while I worked while she was still on the clock and I was sick of doing both our work just so we can both leave on time.

Needless to say my boss wasn't happy. My co-worker doesn't know I told on her because she was scheduled to be off 15 minutes before me and I waited till she was gone to say something to avoid drama. It was actually her and another worker sitting down but I didn't say anything about him doing it because he has never done that before and he's a good worker so I just mentioned her doing it.

Idk why people think they can just sit their happy butts down while still on the clock and leave other people to do their work. I will get the work done regardless of who's work it is because I want the store to look nice but people like her take advantage of people like me.

Hopefully she stops now or quits.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM
How long is she working there
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bad_mama2011
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM

After you called to her to help, I think you should have talked to her and at least warned her that if she didn't do her job you would inform the manager and you weren't doing her job for her anymore.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I wouldve pushed the cart to her and told her to put her shit up. I used to work with lazy people like that. Pissed me off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM

She has been with the company for about 8 years. I have been there for 2 years.

Her and I used to work at a different company together actually. She was in a different area than me but our boss there would have had a heart attack if she was sitting down on the clock so I don't think she ever did it there lol.

Quoting JNLmomme09:

How long is she working there

audreesmama
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Yeah, really. No way in hell would I have done her work. Do you guys have cameras?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I wouldve pushed the cart to her and told her to put her shit up. I used to work with lazy people like that. Pissed me off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I would have but knowing she wouldn't do it I just did it myself. Even though it was HER cart it was both our responsibility to get it done, kwim?

Quoting bad_mama2011:

After you called to her to help, I think you should have talked to her and at least warned her that if she didn't do her job you would inform the manager and you weren't doing her job for her anymore.

angelay87
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I would have asked her to please start helping out.  That would have been the warning.  And after that, yeah I guess the manager needs to know.  You're not getting paid to do 2 jobs!  You shouldn't have to do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Yep and I hope the head of security busts her ass. He has a live feed of our cameras into his house on his computer. I am sure he's seen it before. He is head of security but also has the ability to fire people.

Quoting audreesmama:

Yeah, really. No way in hell would I have done her work. Do you guys have cameras?

Grumpylilpixy
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM
So if you are going to say something. Grab your panties and be women enough to hear it. To many pussies not enough balls.
bad_mama2011
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I'm just saying, I think you should have gone to her first before going to your boss, at least you would have done everything you could before going above her head. I'm not bashing you, it's just not what I would have done. Does she do what she's supposed to do during the rest of her shift? Is she just lazy or does she have back problems?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have but knowing she wouldn't do it I just did it myself. Even though it was HER cart it was both our responsibility to get it done, kwim?

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)