Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid ain't fat !!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

His parents sometimes buy the kids clothes. They always ask what size the girls are on. But they never buy the right ones for our youngest. I know, when she was first born she was a little chunky, but even then she fit into her right size!

she was wearing 9-12, and they bought her 24 months. Now she's in 18 months, and they bought her a 3t outfit and sweater, which wouldn't be bad if they didn't expect us to put her in itRIGHT now. And I can't say anything, shed think I'm rude. 

She bought the girls Easter outfits, super sweet thought, but the wrong size. Ad now coming Easter when her 'baby' isn't her the outfit she bought, she'll make a fuss, smh. 

And I've thought about exchanging them, BUT idk where she got them from, and to ask her is like kicking her in the knees. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM

no tags on them? When she asks tell her the truth they didnt fit.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Please tell me I have a comprehension issue because I'm sitting here like, "derp, derp, derp."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Say something anyway, or don't and just return them. 

Older people tend to get things way too big I've noticed. Or not big enough.

My mother in law doesn't believe our daughter that just turned 4 is in a 7/8 in girls, so she buys 5T and 4/5 in girls. Not gonna happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM

But she gets so hurt, because she means well. It's just I guess she thinks because DH is larger and tall, that his kid just has to be the SAME way

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

no tags on them? When she asks tell her the truth they didnt fit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Older people often buy bigger sizes, I think it's partly because they will grow quick and get more use out of it. I agree, it's weird. I don't think they mean it to be offensive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I fail to see the problem. Tell the biddy that the clothes are the wrong size and ask for a gift receipt so you can exchange them. Do it EVERY TIME and eventually the silly cow may catch on. If she doesnt, well just give the shit to Goodwill and give her the donation receipt "for her taxes." Doing nothing about a problem and complaining about it is just a stupid waste of time.
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Her in laws are buying the wrong sizes and she doesn't want to tell mil because she'll throw a fit. Unless this was edited I don't get how you had problems understanding it.

Quoting BeAmour:

Please tell me I have a comprehension issue because I'm sitting here like, "derp, derp, derp."

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I would ask her where shr got them. If she asks why I would say they are so cute I want to get more.
Bero2007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM

My MIL does the same thing. Whens he asks how DS looks in the outfits she got him I just tell her to ask me again in a year or two when they actually fit.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Gotcha. I think it's bc I'm distracted.

Quoting angelachristine:

Her in laws are buying the wrong sizes and she doesn't want to tell mil because she'll throw a fit. Unless this was edited I don't get how you had problems understanding it.

Quoting BeAmour:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN