Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Religion before the Bible

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this
There are myriad misconceptions regarding Catholicism and Christianity floating about.

One should never argue the Bible with a Catholic bc our religion BEGAN w Jesus which means BEFORE the Bible was written.

Catholicism is based on the Eucharist, not the Bible.
We worship only the Holy Trinity.
We pray for Saints to intercede for us which means we ask Saints to pray for us too.
Saints include your deceased loved ones, not just Mary.
Ok, what other misconceptions are there?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Oagans are devil worshipers. I hate that misconception... I had to explain my entire belief system to my father the other night beause of this.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM

That hail mary is a worhipping prayer. It is what gabriel said in the bible to mary. I think there is a little bit of what elizabeth said about being pregnant but it is mainly what gabriel said to mary. .

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

My question though is why is there so much standing then sitting to stand up again?

HousewifeNina
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I'm going to have to agree with you there!

Quoting Anonymous:

My question though is why is there so much standing then sitting to stand up again?

HousewifeNina
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM
No it isn't.
Your saying it doesn't make it so.

Quoting Anonymous:

That hail mary is a worhipping prayer. It is what gabriel said in the bible to mary. I think there is a little bit of what elizabeth said about being pregnant but it is mainly what gabriel said to mary. .

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I can't even respond to this with a straight face..

Quoting HousewifeNina:

There are myriad misconceptions regarding Catholicism and Christianity floating about.

One should never argue the Bible with a Catholic bc our religion BEGAN w Jesus which means BEFORE the Bible was written.

We pray for Saints to intercede for us which means we ask Saints to pray for us too.

really?? REALLY?

HousewifeNina
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I didn't know what a pagan was until cafemom

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Oagans are devil worshipers. I hate that misconception... I had to explain my entire belief system to my father the other night beause of this.

HousewifeNina
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Which part is confusing?
I don't actually mean don't debate the Bible. I mean simply that our religion wasn't based on it as most others are.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't even respond to this with a straight face..

Quoting HousewifeNina:

really?? REALLY?

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
That Atheists are devil worshippers...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

It is a misconception that hail mary is a wroshipping prayer. You asked about misconceptions. That is a misconception.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

No it isn't.
Your saying it doesn't make it so.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured