Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Subtle racism EDIT

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 146 Replies
3 moms liked this

The amount of subtle racism I see on this site is truly disgusting. It has allowed me access to see how some White people view me and other minorities. On a positive note, it has given me a lot of real world talking points in my psychology of prejudice and driscrimination course. People who have never experienced racism will never understand how it feels. Therefore, racism will still be around, but displayed in more and more subtle ways.

No need to respond; I will just be limiting the amount of time I spend on this website.

EDIT: I will edit my post, so I don't have to respond to the same questions again. I see all forms of racism from Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc, and I view it as equally disguisting! I don't condone hating someone because of the color of their skin or because people believe negative or positive stereotypes. I choose to love people for the content of their character and nothing else. I don't automatically assume a White person will be racist toward me, but I am prepared for it. I've been called the "N" word, told I was "less than human", uneducated just because my skin is brown, so I understand how it feels to have people hate you for no reason, and I won't stand for it. My wonderful mother-in-law is Italian, my grandfather is Irish, my parents are Jamaican, and my entire family looks like the United Nations convened when we have a family reunion. I get it!

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM
19 moms liked this
Yep

Only white people display it. There is no racism from you in the post.

NOT
delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM

What exactly do you mean momma?

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM
5 moms liked this

But we need LESS ignorant poeple around here. Please don't go! The problem with our world today is that the voices of the ignorant are drowning out the voices of the educated.

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM

"People who have even experienced racism will never understand how it feels."

Really?

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM
4 moms liked this
Lol.. Can't get over the irony
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I've seen blatant racism on here several times!
amiesmomma
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Read "Racism Without Racists", an article about the institutionalization of racism in America

Pnukey
by Jenn on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Please also site your own post as "subtle racism." Seriously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM
2 moms liked this

damn youre racist aqgainst WHITES, lol     

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM
5 moms liked this

Yeah like a white person in a black neighborhood does not get called racists names... I'll remember that next time I'm walking down the street and I'm called a honky... ... ... ... ... ... ... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)