Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

GRRRRRR online shopping vent post **EDIT**

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 19 Replies

I don't like shopping online, but hubby thinks it's the best thing ever.  We have had two amazon shipments sent in error to our old address because they update your mailing address and your "one-click" address separately.  The jerks who rent the place now have kept both items (earrings hubby got for our anniversary).

Anyway, the other day, hubby sent me a link for some oval-shaped ear buds.  Every pair I own hurt and he knows I have been looking.  The link was woot.com.  He already had his info stored in the account, so I clicked buy and immediately emailed their customer service to let them know the address was wrong.

Three emails later, they refuse to change the address, refuse to give me a customer service number, refuse to help at all.

Guess who owns Woot.  Amazon

FML

I  changed the Amazon address months ago.  This company is a subsidiary of Amazon, not Amazon itself.  Our mailing address was correct when I changed it, but the shipping address was wrong because of the one-click option.  Thanks for reading :-)

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

wtf..

I've NEVER had a problem with Amazon! I LOVE them..

I'm sorry! That's BS! Can you intercept with whoever is shipping?

amiesmomma
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Amazon at least replaced the order immediately, without question.  Woot won't do anything.  I will try to find out who's shipping.

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this

I've never had a problem with Amazon, shop from there frequently. When you're ready to check out it allows you the option of what address to ship it to. Always have for me.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Why the heck didn't you change the address BEFORE you bought the earbuds?  I buy thru Amazon all the time.  There's an option to change the shipping address at checkout.  I use it all the time because I often ship things to my kids at their respective homes.  Don't blame the company for your own failure to make sure the address was right beforehand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM
3 moms liked this
Change your one touch shipping address.

I have never had a problem with amazon and their customer service has always been very nice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I love amazon. Never had a problem.

Maybe you should stop doing the easy thing and double check all the info before you spend money.
illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM
3 moms liked this

So, you made multiple orders without updating your address, then the people at that address stole your stuff... your beef should be with yourself and the police can surely deal with the package theft at your old address.

banana-bear
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this
So because you forgot to change your address when you purchased these items, you are pissed at Amazon? Okie dokie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cymkare
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM

This happened to me recently on Babies R Us.com. I called the customer service number and they took care of it right away. 

baquick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I love amazon! I've never had an issue with them. Well- one but it was resolved ASAP. I even registered for my wedding on there
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)