Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG I forgot!!...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
To Buckle my toddler his car seat!! I was getting trash out of the back seat after I put him his seat!! I noticed when he was tugging on my seat belt!! OMG I feel so stupid I know I'm an idiot :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Probably not stupid....just incredibly distracted.

Had you started driving yet?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomTo2Boys12
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Sheesh. We make mistakes, don't be so hard on yourself. At least you didn't drive away and find out while driving you forgot to get your kid in the car, not that I've done that... It could have been worse though. Just try a little harder next time to remember
banana-bear
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM
It's okay. I think everyone has done that once! Just be more vigilant next time. And at least he notified you! Lol
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

ya they will chew you up in here which is stupid because chances are everyone has done it at least ONCE

starlight91
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM

It was an honest mistake. Im sure you will be more vigalent now.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM
That happened to me a few weeks ago. I was about a mile down the road when I noticed and pulled over immediately. What's worse is df and my grandma was in the back with him! None of us noticed until ds was leaning half way out of his seat.

Lets just say we are super anal about it now.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I did that once with the twins. Hubby put jada in, i did jayla. i buckled jayla and got in.only a minute up the road, thank goodness, and jada started to stand..i freaked. Hubby said he told me to buckle her. Gahhh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I made it a couple miles down the road
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I've done this once too. I took DS to the grocery store with me, when we left, I put him in his seat and started putting stuff in the trunk then left. We got 2 blocks before he said he wasn't buckled in. I pulled into a driveway, and buckled. It happens sometimes. Don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone gets a little distracted.
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM

been there done that but it is usually I thought hubby was buckling in a certain kid and he thought I was and that childs belt was forgotten until I get in and ask if everyone is buckled. They will tell me if they are or not before we even start the car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)