Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PLEASE READ AND BUMP! *Small Update*

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 30 Replies

Hello my cafemom friends,

While cruising CM this morning I got a text message from a really good friend of mine on Facebook with some very alarming news. Some of you know that I was a volunteer program director teaching dance and performing arts at my local B & G Club for many years. Lisa my friend was one of my coaches in the drama department and her daughter (Stephni) was one of my top dancers (she is twelve). Stephni lost use of her legs this weekend due to back pain and numbness and had an emergancy surgery on her spinal. Apparently she had some bleeding in her spine (this is all we know at this time). My friend Lisa is flying in from Oregon at this time, this all took place last night about midnight. From what we have gathered so far, Stephni may lose function of the lower part of her body :(

We need your prayers, anything, wishes, luck that Stephni will make a full recovery. Lisa will find out more today when she gets in about the condition and situation Stephni is in and I will update once I get that information.

I am so sad for Lisa, even more sad for Stephni she is so young, and very brilliant (smart girl) with a lot of talent and gifts.

I thank you for your support, prayers, and thoughts, please bump.

** SMALL UPDATE **
Lisa and her husband are in the process of a divorce she has decided to go back to Oregon with her family and return to nursing school. She is doing well there and offered several jobs and finishing off her certification classes. This is why Lisa is not in Montana, Steph decided stay with her dad to finish off school then move with Lisa this summer. Unfortunately this event has happened and Lisa will be in Montana in about two hours flying in from Seattle (she had to drive there).

A friend of the family (another nurse that works with Lisa) is with Stephni now at the hospital was just reported Stephni moved her toes. So that is some good news but cannot get hopes up too high. I am still waiting for Lisa to fly in and get all complete facts from the doctor so Ill report back with that. From the sounds of it, Stephni will likely be flown or driven to Denver....  

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM

BUMP!

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

How sad and scary. Prayers said.

Donna.June
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Prayers! And bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beachbabies6
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

prayers

melschlegs
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Oh my lord!  I'll definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers.  Send our love!

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

BUMP!

luvmyaustin
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Prayers sent!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Prayers

VanillaBlondie8
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Oh that's horrible! She will be in my prayers!.... Bump!

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Praying!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN