Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

help!! BED WETTER

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 26 Replies

My son has a problem with peeing in his bed. He is almost 7 years old. It doesn't matter how long before bed we stop giving him a drink he still wets the bed. He goes before bed and usually gets up once to go too. IDK what to do. Any suggestions?

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommie_2_Boys
by Steph on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:06 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I wet my bed for a very long time and my parents kept taking me to doctors and having tests ran on me. Turned out I have a very small weak bladder even to this day and I can't hold when I gotta go I gotta go.
Mya62412
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM

at about 2 hrs before bed have  him go about every 15-30 min. before bed and around midnight.  but keep in mind some boys don't stop til after age 10.

funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Have you talked to his doctor.  My son wet the bed too, in fact he still does sometimes and he is 10, but our family doctor told me that most kids grow out of it by the time they are 8 and that is when my son's problem started happening less often.

Mommie_2_Boys
by Steph on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM

yea he doesnt say much

Quoting funny_girl3:

Have you talked to his doctor.  My son wet the bed too, in fact he still does sometimes and he is 10, but our family doctor told me that most kids grow out of it by the time they are 8 and that is when my son's problem started happening less often.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Just use plastic sheets under his bedsheets....I was a bedwetter as a child. I simply could not wake up in the night to go potty. It is not something he can help...and it sucks. Some kids sleep too soundly and won't wake up - even with those bed "alarms". He will outgrow it I promise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Im having this problem with my daughter. She's only 3 though so I know its still normal. But she potty trained real early and went almost a year with no bed wetting. Now she's back in pull ups at night. She pees her pants any time she falls asleep. Even if she just falls asleep on the couch for ten minutes she pees.
Mommie_2_Boys
by Steph on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM

were trying that. just not helping lol

Quoting Jamie1972:

at about 2 hrs before bed have  him go about every 15-30 min. before bed and around midnight.  but keep in mind some boys don't stop til after age 10.

Mommie_2_Boys
by Steph on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM

we have a mattress cover. its 100% guarantee by the company we bought the mattress from. that way if it gets pee on it with the cover on it they replace the mattress for 5 years. i thought that was a needed investment lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Just use plastic sheets under his bedsheets....I was a bedwetter as a child. I simply could not wake up in the night to go potty. It is not something he can help...and it sucks. Some kids sleep too soundly and won't wake up - even with those bed "alarms". He will outgrow it I promise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)