Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

married or engaged ladies gotta question - EDIT in PURPLE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies

My SO and i have been together for about three yrs and we live together act like are married lol. One day a friend asked me when were getting married and i asked my man if marriage was in the future for us and he said yes but he needs to work on personal issues and marriage is a possibilty for us but not rite now. I feel the same however did u have a time limit of how long yr relationship should be before getting married? My confession is if we arent married within the next two yrs im leaving.
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to answer my question.  From what I had gotten out of this is that not every relationship is the same, I have been married once before, he has been in and out of relationships I am the longest he has ever had - even his friends are amazed on how much he has changed and matured since dating me.  I appreciate his honesty and his issues that he needs to work on is based beyond not having  good role models growing up and he is scared of failing, really don't want to get into it because I respect his privacy, etc... I know some of you disagree w/my time limit I am a planner, I plan my whole life sometimes it doesn't go the way I plan, but I have goals and my goal is to be married in two years, buy the house that we are renting, finish my degree, etc... We are both in our mid 40's, we have children from previous relationships, we are all tight as a family unit and I would just like to one day make a full committment and that is marriage - call me old fashion LOL 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM
3 moms liked this
I was in a long term relationship before I was married. It took 5 years to figure out that we were the last 2 people who should get married. I left, it was hard but worth it.
I would never settle with being a forever girlfriend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Btw - good luck. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM
We got engaged 6 months after dating and married 6 months after that on our 1 year anniversary.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HaleyCovington
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't think there should be a deadline... When your both ready then it will happen. If you rush it or push one another to do it when your not ready it will cause problems.
jojo_star
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

We were together 6 months the day we got married. 

lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I was with my hubby for 4 year before we got married. We knew we wanted to get married we just didn't put a time limit on it. One Friday morning we woke up and decided to go get married. We were married by noon. We pretty much just rolled with the waves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
We got married after knowing each other for a month. I'm no help lol. Been married for 8 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreesMommy513
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't have ever stayed with my bf longer than 5 years without some sort of commitment (being engaged, or married.)
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM

We are a little old fashioned, marriage was just a given before moving in and stuff.   Needless to say, we had a short engagement because we were young and both of us eager to get moving in life.

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh and I got married 4 years into our relationship. 5 years was my limit then I would have left his ass :)

Baby second year into the relationship

Engaged the 3rd year

Married the 4th year
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)