Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help! Which birth control should I use?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I go in on Friday to have my csection. I need a long term birth control. No pill or patch. I was thinking of mirena. I don't want the one that goes in your arm. That just freaks me out. Is the shot good? What do you use?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katadive
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I've used mirena...worked great!! I've also used the arm one Implanon it was also great! But l would sometimes have 2 periods in 1 month
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM
2 periods in one month?? Dang. Lol. I'm too scared to use implanon. With mirena I saw a diagram that had strings. Can you feel them?

Quoting katadive:

I've used mirena...worked great!! I've also used the arm one Implanon it was also great! But l would sometimes have 2 periods in 1 month
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I refuse to use hormonal birth control. Will not put anything in my arm and definitely not my uterus. I love my diaphragm and we use condoms from time to time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I had a horrible experience with mirena.  Had it for three years, severe mood swings, loss of libido, it embedded in my uterine wall, and I believe caused my miscarriage. 

I would say thoroughly examine your options before deciding. 

mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I've been on Mirena but apparently my body can't handle the hormones so I had bad side effects. I'm going to go on the Paraguard IUD and see how that works for me.

katadive
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I didn't feel it inside but the Dr. Recommended that after my period l check inside me with my fingers to make sure it did not travel.

Mirena was easy and it worked for me. Personally l could not use condoms, l don't like not being able to feel my hunny. Hope you find what works for you!

Quoting Anonymous:

2 periods in one month?? Dang. Lol. I'm too scared to use implanon. With mirena I saw a diagram that had strings. Can you feel them?

Quoting katadive:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

We use NFP and I've never tried anything else aside from condoms in our younger days.

Here's a bump though. Good Luck! :)

beachbabies6
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the one that goes in the arm , I've had it about 4 months with no problems

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
If you have herpes, the shot can make you have more outbreaks.
The mirena my ex could feel the string.
I have implanon. I sometimes get two "periods" in one month, but really its spotting for fifteen minutes for a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM

the today sponge

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN