Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a weird daughter

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

She loves The Aquabats Supershow.  For those who have no idea what I am talking about...  At least she takes after her Daddy and me.  We love their music (kind of a punk ska sound).  What weird things do your LO's like?

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
enllewellyn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Awww both my boys love it. They get so excited when they see them on gabba
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay to my kid not being the only one who knows them and likes them!

Quoting enllewellyn:

Awww both my boys love it. They get so excited when they see them on gabba

enllewellyn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Ulric, my youngest (3) loves black metal and even growls to the music. Lol my oldest (4) loves dead mau5. And they both really love mc chris.
blues_pagan
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD is as ecclectic as her father and I are.  We love punk music, goth metal, and even some rap and hip hop.  She loves it all but not country lol.

Quoting enllewellyn:

Ulric, my youngest (3) loves black metal and even growls to the music. Lol my oldest (4) loves dead mau5. And they both really love mc chris.

blues_pagan
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

And just have to say that I have a bit of a crush on Ricky Fitness.  Eaglebones is kind of hot too.

-42-
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM
My six year old still likes that show. He started with YGG and it was over.

MC Bat Commander is one of the creators of YGG!

The same kid also loves Amon Amarth. He would come home from preschool and try to take a nap, but if he took a nap he wouldn't go to bed on time. So to annoy him awake, I would put it on the 'Toddler Tunes' digital music channel and he would complain until I put it on the Death Metal channel.....and he heard Amon Amarth and cheerfully stayed awake!
blues_pagan
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Yeah I know the MC Bat Commander helped create YGG.  All the guys were part of the skate crowd and came up with that show for kids since they hated all the others.  

That is awesome about Amon Amarth.  DD likes Cradle of Filth and tries to sing along.

Quoting -42-:

My six year old still likes that show. He started with YGG and it was over.

MC Bat Commander is one of the creators of YGG!

The same kid also loves Amon Amarth. He would come home from preschool and try to take a nap, but if he took a nap he wouldn't go to bed on time. So to annoy him awake, I would put it on the 'Toddler Tunes' digital music channel and he would complain until I put it on the Death Metal channel.....and he heard Amon Amarth and cheerfully stayed awake!

BambiF
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Dd loves the aquabats too (the show and the band). She likes a lot of weird stuff, she has a really big personality.
She really likes he man.
BambiF
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM
One of the weirdest things she does is, she has these leopard print footie pjs (She's 4 lol) and when she puts them on she turns into "meowf". As she puts them on she makes these little meow sounds then comes over to me to do up the snap on the top, and braces herself for it. Once it's snapped she lets out a huge "MEOWF!!" And then she will only meow and not talk for the rest of the night.
This has happened 1-2 times a week for about 6 months now. Same thing every time lmao
blues_pagan
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM

She has an awesome imagination.  mine likes playing blanket fort and will tell us if we are doing it wrong.  How you do blanket fort wrong I haven't yet figured out.

Quoting BambiF:

One of the weirdest things she does is, she has these leopard print footie pjs (She's 4 lol) and when she puts them on she turns into "meowf". As she puts them on she makes these little meow sounds then comes over to me to do up the snap on the top, and braces herself for it. Once it's snapped she lets out a huge "MEOWF!!" And then she will only meow and not talk for the rest of the night.
This has happened 1-2 times a week for about 6 months now. Same thing every time lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)