Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 1/2 year old isn't potty trained.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She needs to be by August so I can get her into school. It's embarrassing she won't even try! UP want to scream!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
happy41ce
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Unless she has a problem or disability there is NO excuse for that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

haha yeah. I would say my youngest was a pain in my ass about potty training. I just got rid of all the diapers and he sure did crap his pants a few times, but that was it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Or maybe just lazy parents...

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

she might have a disability.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM

holly hell why isnt she potty trained yet? My oldest is 5 and shes been trained since she was 2 and due to small blladder night time trained since she was 4.

My youngest is 2 and she has been potty trained day and night since she was 19 months.

You reaaallly have to push it at this age and make her do it . Not doing it isnt an option and is unhealthy and will get her made fun of by her peers. not being rude but its true. You have to inforce training.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
you had 5yrs to potty train her and you expect to get it done by August. GL! maybe there is a problem here!
luckythreemom
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
What have you tried? Is there medical issues?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
No I am not a lazy parent I work with her all day everyday on it and it does not work. I hope your kids are this way so I can call you lazy

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Unless she has a disability there is no excuse to be almost 6 and still in diapers/pull ups. Take her to the doctor to make sure there isn't a bladder issue somewhere.

That's just laziness there IMO. Put her in panties and tell her if she doesn't go to the potty she has to clean the mess herself. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
4 moms liked this
She can still go to school. I bet she learns to use the toilet real fast.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM

What does the doctor say about it? Most docs start asking about training when the kid is 2ish to see if it is going ok

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Would you like to give it a try? Sick of hearing the word laziness. I have tried everything short of beating her ass over it and she just won't do it.

Quoting happy41ce:

Unless she has a problem or disability there is NO excuse for that

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Do you make her responsible for cleaning herself up after she does this? Have you allowed her to choose her panties? Are you using a potty chair or the toilet?

You need to make sure you are sitting her on the potty. Sit in there with her giving encouragement and then reward her when she goes. Do not let her up until the deed is done. your her mom and should have an idea what times she likes to go around especially poop.

Good luck :)

Quoting Anonymous:

No she's not slow in other ways, she just refuses to do it. I have bribed her with candy, toys, icecream and she won't go for it. I put big girl undies on her and she will just pee/poop herself like she is wearing a diaper and carry on her merry way and just not care. Ughhh I don't know what todo

Not for everyone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured