Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 5 1/2 year old isn't potty trained.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She needs to be by August so I can get her into school. It's embarrassing she won't even try! UP want to scream!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM
3 moms liked this

"Naked" training works really well. You let them walk around with no bottoms (pull ups/diapers/panties/ pants) and every time she has an accident she has to clean it. Eventually she'll get some motivation to pee in the potty instead of the floor.

My sd wasn't fully trained til she was 5 1/2 because she prefered playing over finding the toilet. I wouldn't say you're a lazy parent or that she has a LD some kids are just stubborn :-/ she'll get there though. Good luck

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Nope my 4.5 year old has been COMPLETELY potty trained since 3 and she DOES have a learning disability. So nice try.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I am not a lazy parent I work with her all day everyday on it and it does not work. I hope your kids are this way so I can call you lazy

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Unless she has a disability there is no excuse to be almost 6 and still in diapers/pull ups. Take her to the doctor to make sure there isn't a bladder issue somewhere.

That's just laziness there IMO. Put her in panties and tell her if she doesn't go to the potty she has to clean the mess herself. 

Livv066
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Make her sit on the toilet every half hour, then switch to every hour. Get rid of the diapers totally. I know you said you tried, but do it again & be firm. Start taking things away if she refuses. If she has an accident, she can clean it up. Don't back down, you can do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this

At what age did you start working with her all day everyday?  What do you do all day everyday that doesn't work? 

Quoting Anonymous:

No I am not a lazy parent I work with her all day everyday on it and it does not work. I hope your kids are this way so I can call you lazy

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Unless she has a disability there is no excuse to be almost 6 and still in diapers/pull ups. Take her to the doctor to make sure there isn't a bladder issue somewhere.

That's just laziness there IMO. Put her in panties and tell her if she doesn't go to the potty she has to clean the mess herself. 

Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this
This is bananas.
kelliehelvie
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
We just stopped diapers and its working.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM

What have you tried? Several people have asked but I haven't seena  response as to what you are doing? You say she has on panties then poops and pees in them. What are you doing when she does this? 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM

In posts like these you are going to have to ignore the bashers and concentrate on people giving you honest advice. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Would you like to give it a try? Sick of hearing the word laziness. I have tried everything short of beating her ass over it and she just won't do it.

Quoting happy41ce:

Unless she has a problem or disability there is NO excuse for that

Not for everyone

lovinmama411
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM

There is some other issue going on, that is not normal at all. Maybe a 4 year old, but by 5 1/2 isn't right. Unless she has some issues, it should be pretty easy and natural to her even without much training she should understand. You should speak to someone, like a therapist or her pedi to make sure there isn't something going on with her.

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM

My ds did not potty train till six. But he has autism. Honestly unless there is a condition that makes it harder, there is no reason for her not to be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN