Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tight budget with food allergies.....

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

can anyone help me make a meal plan for a family with food allergies?

we can eat:

Meats/poultry

veggies.

fruit.

seeds/nuts.

Thats it.

no dairy, no soy, no grains...

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ashley1693
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Chicken in the crockpot. You can you fresh herbs and throw in whatever veggies you like. I do a whole chicken with rose marry, and carrots, celery, onion. You can use any leftover chicken and make chcicken soup. Meatloaf is also pretty cheap and easy. You can add just about anything to it and it turns out great.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Oh it's easy, I have Celiac Disease and have the same allergies that youre listing. 

We eat well balanced meals on about $100 a week. I make things that stretch. 

ashley1693
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
You could also do a fajita salad. Toss a few chicken breast and salsa in a crockpot. About 30 min before serving throw in some peppers and onion. Serve on top of a bed of lettuce.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My husband is allergic to soy, so I have to make a lot of stuff from scratch.  But our diet is very grain heavy because grains are cheap and filling and we don't eat much meat.  The crock pot is great for cooking meat, you can buy cheap cuts of meat and they always turn out juicy and tender in the crock.  Eggs are cheap protein, and beans we eat a lot of those in our diet.  No grains at all, not even gluten free?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM

My family would starve........here's a bump!

unusualmom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM
My ds can not eat wheat, gluten, or any dairy products. We eat a lot of meat, potatoes, veggies. Tacos, chilli, bean and ham soup, roast, we are a family of 4. We spend about 125 weekly on food.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN