Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did you become pagan?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
??
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sekirei
by Nari on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM

No, witchcraft will not bring evil into your home, unless that is what you are trying for. Wicca does not equal witch craft though. Wicca is the path, witchcraft is a practice. I am Asatru and I practice witchcraft. 

Read into it and meditate on it. If that is what you truly feel is your path, then follow it

Also, if you are reading on Wicca... avoid the author Silver Ravenwolf please. She is the Wiccan equivalent of a extremist evengelical christian.

Quoting Anonymous:

Truthfully Wicca always felt right, but I was taught that messing with witchcraft bought evil into your home and that is the last thing I want!

Quoting Sekirei:

Yeah, I was raised Catholic :3

I answered your general question in another post. But, it depends on the path and the like. But, eh, if you find your path, follow it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I was born Christian. Never thought about it really. Buy now it scares the living daylights out of me. Wondering if I'm going to heaven or hell, if I'm praying enough, being good enough, etc..... Plus a lot of Christians imo are very judgmental...

Quoting Sekirei:

Well, how does one become Christian? Hindu? Muslim? etc

If they are your beliefs and you follow the tennants, I think you are whatever path you say you are.

Also, Pagan is an umbrella term. Not every pagan is alike. Wicca, Asatru and Kemetic Orthodoxy all have incredibly different beliefs... but are all Pagan/Heathen

AkashaGermaine
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Something I read that may help you,"Not all Wiccans are Witches and not all Witches are Wiccans."

Myself, I'm both :-). And I got there through a lot of reading and studying of all different religions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Truthfully Wicca always felt right, but I was taught that messing with witchcraft bought evil into your home and that is the last thing I want!

Quoting Sekirei:

Yeah, I was raised Catholic :3

I answered your general question in another post. But, it depends on the path and the like. But, eh, if you find your path, follow it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I was born Christian. Never thought about it really. Buy now it scares the living daylights out of me. Wondering if I'm going to heaven or hell, if I'm praying enough, being good enough, etc..... Plus a lot of Christians imo are very judgmental...

Quoting Sekirei:

Well, how does one become Christian? Hindu? Muslim? etc

If they are your beliefs and you follow the tennants, I think you are whatever path you say you are.

Also, Pagan is an umbrella term. Not every pagan is alike. Wicca, Asatru and Kemetic Orthodoxy all have incredibly different beliefs... but are all Pagan/Heathen

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:20 PM

For Wicca.. 

try Raymond Buckland or

Scott Cunningham ( I enjoy Cunningham the most) at least to start

Witchvox. com is a good way to find people in your area

Quoting Anonymous:

Do recommend any websites or books?

Quoting Sekirei:

oh and I misread your question.. 

lol

I studied and meditated and found the god that was calling me. He had been calling me for a long time.

JTROX
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Woohoo!  I love being Catholic.  I am a "cradle Catholic."  What led you to the Catholic Church?

Quoting AlekD:

Catholic.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you now??

Quoting AlekD:

My dad is a thelemite and spending a summer with him kind of led me down that general road. I grew out of paganism though. :)

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I was raised Dutch Reformed (a form of Christianity)  We went to church with my grand parents as my parents owned a family business, and my father also had a "steady" job.

During a Sunday School "project" a teacher asked me if my parents we going to attend what we were doing, I said no, because they both work, The teacher yelled at me that they were Heathens,(I think I was in 3rd or 4th grade) I ran out of the room to the bathroom, there I was cornered by not only that teacher but another one who both told me , my parents were going to hell because they don't attend church, I ran out of there found a phone and called my mom in hysterics. (she came and picked my sisters and I up) Later she went back and gave the Minister, and both those women "the what for" for saying such stuff to a child. I never went to any church again.

When I had kids of my own, due to where I live, I decided to take my children to church to let them experience it, and let them decide as they got older, I took them to a Baptist church. (for me it was torture) I didn't get anything out of it, If this "God" was so forgiving why did he allow xxx, and if this God was so Gracious why did he allow XXX,, Why would God take away someones child or give a baby cancer etc. IF you don't live by "his" rules your going to HELL.. 

I just don't agree with all that. My Uncle owned lots of land and he said to me one day, look around, this is my Church, this is my God, I can worship and pray anywhere here I want with out any judgement, look at all mother nature has given us. Who would want to sit in a stuff room with 4 walls and a ceiling when they can have all this. That was when I knew what I was missing, That was my puzzle piece.

I started researching Pagan/Wicca.. My beliefs are of the Gods & Goddess. Spiritual, I lean on the side of Wicca. I like the creed. I feel comfortable with my choice.

planning a wedding

wolfqueen666
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM

If you ever have any questions feel free to pm me.  And don't believe what people say about witchcraft.  The basic principle of witchcraft is to harm none, most witches wouldn't dream of harming others.  Only evil intent makes magic evil. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's amazing!

Quoting wolfqueen666:

I was raised Christian, a Methodist to be exact.  Over the years things about it just didn't sit right with me.  So once I moved out of my mom's house I began investigating different religions.  When I was 24 I met my husband who is a witch.  We got married and he introduced me to the craft.  Through it I found Paganism and that being Pagan sat right with me.  I've been a Pagan for a year and three months now.  

AlekD
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
The rosary :)

Quoting JTROX:

Woohoo!  I love being Catholic.  I am a "cradle Catholic."  What led you to the Catholic Church?

Quoting AlekD:

Catholic.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you now??

Quoting AlekD:

My dad is a thelemite and spending a summer with him kind of led me down that general road. I grew out of paganism though. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Awesome!

Quoting AlekD:

The rosary :)

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting AlekD:

Catholic.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you now??

Quoting AlekD:

jojo_star
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I just found the path, and followed it for a while, but it didn't fit me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN