Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting tired of finding these in my walmart purchases..and others..do you find them? Edit, added clips from these books!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 197 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son gets them in his Halloween bags at the church trunk or treats, the one he gets is about how Halloween is celebrated by satan worshipers and that if you celebrate your going to hell! He found one in a Harry Potter book he bought at wal-mart about witchcraft! We have found them in coat pockets of new coats we have bought, laying on our car windshields, or laying in the cereal aisle of the store. They are terrifying, they are scary and they need to go away! My great grampa gave me one once about a little girl who sold matches, but one day she didnt make enough money and when her dad found out he beat her to death, but it was ok because she went to heaven, i was totally terrified of that book! Dont get me wrong, I believe in God, but scaring a person into being a Christian, in my opinion, not the way to do it, and in my opinion again, these books are full of lies, and are completely wrong! I tear them up when we get them, and if they are on a shelf we walk away, am I the only one who cant stand these things or finds them everywhere?

EDIT: Here is what they look like! The Middle one is from the one that scared the crap out of me!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skymama10
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
7 moms liked this
I've never seen those ever until now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
3 moms liked this

I have no idea where you live, but I shop at Wal-Mart almost everyday, and have NEVER received anything like that. In fact, this post is the first time I've even seen anything like that, leading me to believe they aren't real.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol never seen them.
raye-chan
by Raye on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I have never seen them before honestly. What exactly is written in them? O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I've never seen those.......

I wouldn't be pleased. 

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Never seen those before but the boo one looks interesting.
ARPsMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I remember getting these all the time as a kid.
Mamaof3and1tobe
Huh??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Don't know where you live but I've never found them at Wal Mart nor have I ever seen them before.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son gets them in his Halloween bags at the church trunk or treats, the one he gets is about how Halloween is celebrated by satan worshipers and that if you celebrate your going to hell! He found one in a Harry Potter book he bought at wal-mart about witchcraft! We have found them in coat pockets of new coats we have bought, laying on our car windshields, or laying in the cereal aisle of the store. They are terrifying, they are scary and they need to go away! My great grampa gave me one once about a little girl who sold matches, but one day she didnt make enough money and when her dad found out he beat her to death, but it was ok because she went to heaven, i was totally terrified of that book! Dont get me wrong, I believe in God, but scaring a person into being a Christian, in my opinion, not the way to do it, and in my opinion again, these books are full of lies, and are completely wrong! I tear them up when we get them, and if they are on a shelf we walk away, am I the only one who cant stand these things or finds them everywhere?

TaralynnStewart
I've never seen that. What exactly is it? Do you scratch it off like a scratch off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN