Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting tired of finding these in my walmart purchases..and others..do you find them? Edit, added clips from these books!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son gets them in his Halloween bags at the church trunk or treats, the one he gets is about how Halloween is celebrated by satan worshipers and that if you celebrate your going to hell! He found one in a Harry Potter book he bought at wal-mart about witchcraft! We have found them in coat pockets of new coats we have bought, laying on our car windshields, or laying in the cereal aisle of the store. They are terrifying, they are scary and they need to go away! My great grampa gave me one once about a little girl who sold matches, but one day she didnt make enough money and when her dad found out he beat her to death, but it was ok because she went to heaven, i was totally terrified of that book! Dont get me wrong, I believe in God, but scaring a person into being a Christian, in my opinion, not the way to do it, and in my opinion again, these books are full of lies, and are completely wrong! I tear them up when we get them, and if they are on a shelf we walk away, am I the only one who cant stand these things or finds them everywhere?

EDIT: Here is what they look like! The Middle one is from the one that scared the crap out of me!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Replies (191-197):
Mommy383
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM
We went to a buffet in Georgia and they had a bunch of them. I just don't see them as effective in conveying any message.
helema24
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
v\yuh we got a letter wiht pamplets taliking about how islam is of the devil... the kicker is it was adressed to me and my bil as if we were married so i know they bought the list off of a gov list when an accountant frigged the heck up and put our social security numbers together as married......and another time this group around where we used to live tossed around 20 books with the same messege in it all over our front yard.
Quoting lhazel24:

I believe it....as a fellow southern Missourian, I too have seen these. Here it is all about putting the fear into people. I remember during the election the preacher at the church told everyone if we vote Obama, we are not christians and going to hell. You find Bible thumping hardcore crazies all over here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, southern missouri! I take them away and throw them away! We try to stay away from where we know they showed up in his bag the year before, but we still get them, annoying!

Quoting cadditalbrat:

are you in the south? My kids get these at least 5 times while trick or treating. We try to get them out of their bags before they see them (they are 4&5) and if a person is just handing them out we usually just say no thank you. Some of them aren't that bad they just say that they are doing this and this at the church up the street and everyone is invited, others totally PISS me off. I've never seen them anywhere else though just in their Halloween bags.

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replyI Like Big Butts and I Cannot

Lizardannie1966
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I've never seen one of these little booklets in any bag from any purchase at any Walmart ever.

I do recall being a young girl and these booklets were handed out at church. They scared me and even then, I had to wonder why I needed to be scared in order to simply love God?

I don't believe some Christians understand that especially with children, you cannot frighten a child into loving someone/something.

I understand the implied messages of these booklets but I do think they're underestimating the intelligence of people in general.

HuggaBug1991
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Never seen them.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Ive never seen ones like THAT....

I have seen some evangelical ones. that educate. but nothing like that before. 

But honestly, any christian who hands those out imo are hypocrite. 

tell us not to participate in halloween, even if its just for fun, 

but  yet they hand shit out to the kids on halloween instead of just keeping their door closed and light off. 

Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM
If someone Handed me one of those... Oh they'd get it a heck of a talking to...
I would be none to pleased if my 6y/o got one...
I live in NArkansas and luckily haven't seen those... Tracts I usually don't mind too much but if its a person handing them out, I may politely refuse them and tell them honestly it will just end up in the trash...
But these? Uh no, just no, and if they Tried giving one to my little kids.... Oh Hellz No...
My Teens are old enough to make their own choices, little ones don't need this Crap!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Yeah, I've seen those. I had a woman stalking me while I worked at wal mart, leaving those all over the department I worked in. When I moved to floral, she would leave those and then would put razor blades in my flowers... o.O make me bleed out the evil

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)